Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What Gift?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I'm living away from home because I'm at University. I have a really close female friend here. She's like a sister to me and I really care for her. I'll finish Uni on 31st May and will be returning to my home town over 100 miles away. I want to buy this girl a gift to thank her for being a great friend and for all her help and advice. She bought me a braclet a few months back so that is out of the question. I was thinking about getting her a ring and getting it engraved but recently I've been thinking maybe this isn't such a good idea because I feel that a ring is typically a gift from a partner. What would you think about giving/receiving a ring?

At the moment the girl is living in a room with her boyfriend in a shared house so an ornament or something else for her home is not appropriate. I want to buy her something that will last for a long time so that she can look at it in years to come and be reminded of me. I'm still trying to think of other gift ideas so it would be nice to hear your opinions.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    nice watch with engraved message on the back?
  • Options
    I don't see a problem with a ring. How well do you know her boyfriend? ;)

How about a necklace?
  • Options
    necklace? you can get lockets engraved.
  • Options
    Yeh jewellery is a cute idea..especially if you get it engraved. If you are close friends then I don't see why her bf should have a problem with it, or maybe you could ask him for his advice..depending on how close you are 2 eachother.