Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

eating problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok this is really hard for me to right so please don’t be nasty and just say fat bitch.

Some days I don’t eat anything yet some days I can buy a multi pack of crisps and eat them all. I never plan to make myself sick but when iv eaten so much I am sick. No one knows what I do and I don’t plan to tell anyone, as it doesn’t control my life. Sometimes I do this every day, sometimes I go for days and weeks without being sick.

What I want to know is what am I doing? I don’t think its bulimia, as isn’t bulimia throwing up to make yourself thin? If I am bulimic then people wouldn’t believe me anyway as I am over weight. Im not hugely over weight and although i would love to be thin its not a huge priority most of the time, its just something i tend to think about after iv binged. I just find it so hard not to binge eat. Its just something that i do when im feeling shitty, i dont even think its a control thing it just makes me feel better for a while.

Sometimes just i really want to tell someone, it makes me feel like im lying to people just because its something that no one else knows, i guess thats what im doing here in a way

I have posted about this before a couple of years ago but never went to the doctors as suggested (im still not going to) It was a lot more out of control then i think i have it more under control now

I really don’t know what I hope to achieve from this thread, as I know there’s no way I would ever go to see a doctor or whatever. Even though I know what I do isn’t normal I cant really seeing a problem with it, it doesnt really harm anyone, i dont do it to the point where im putting myself in danger. Im just ranting now

Comments

• Options
    Mel-H wrote:
    I really don’t know what I hope to achieve from this thread, as I know there’s no way I would ever go to see a doctor or whatever. Even though I know what I do isn’t normal I cant really seeing a problem with it, it doesnt really harm anyone, i dont do it to the point where im putting myself in danger. Im just ranting now
    Making yourself sick is actually quite bad for you. You can damage your food pipe and cause tears and bleeding. You can also disrupt the salt balance of your blood. Not to mention rotting teeth and bad breath.

And for the record, most people with bulimia don't lose weight (unlike anorexia nervosa).

I think you probably should address the overeating or binge eating aspect because that seems to be your trigger. That will require discipline and self control, and it is up to you to decide if you are able to do it on your own or whether you need help from your GP etc.

Info
  • Options
    i know how you feel and what you mean.i also know what you mean about people not believing you . Paul mckennas cd is good for reprogramming your mind to stop bingeing. it was something i did frequently until someone suggested it to me.
  • Options
    i know how you feel and what you mean.i also know what you mean about people not believing you . Paul mckennas cd is good for reprogramming your mind to stop bingeing. it was something i did frequently until someone suggested it to me.

could you tell me what its called please or where i would be able to get it from. Thankyou for replying :D
  • Options
    "i can make you thin" i got my copy from Amazon for about £10 . my relationship with food has always been that of a comfort thing and its really helped reprogram my mind and stop binge eating . loads of people have lost weight on it aparantly. i haven't...but i have more control over what goes into my mouth now.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Making yourself sick is actually quite bad for you. You can damage your food pipe and cause tears and bleeding. You can also disrupt the salt balance of your blood. Not to mention rotting teeth and bad breath.

it's true. bulimia has as high a death rate as anorexia (both about about 1 in 10 of people with advanced disease). just because you are not visibly wasting away, the way a person with anorexia might does not mean you are not seriously fucking up your body. please be careful. i would SERIOUSLY consider getting medical advice. i can't make you, but i'd really recommend it.
  • Options
    Thankyou for your replies. i will consider getting medical help i just cant see how i could walk into the doctors and say i think i have an eating problem