Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FAO: the arthritics. and medical types

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've got a slight dilemma atm.

quick backstory:: have had problems with joints and all-round illness for a while. just before christmas i was referred to a rheumatologist, who i saw in feb. symtoms show possible early inflammatory arthritis, but blood tests at the time were largely normal. in march i went back, and was given a steroid shot to the arse, and told to 'see what happens, and come back in 6-8 weeks' ::

they told me if my symptoms flared up badly i was to ring the nurse (i have her card) and they would see me ASAP.

felt on top of the world for about a month. in the last week or so, i've been feeling crappy again, but I'm not entirely sure if it's all related (I think it is) or if my symptoms are bad enough to ring the nurse. I got my letter through to ring for an appointment last week, but when i rang, they said the earliest they could see me in clinic was the end of may.

i'm quite sore and stiff, especially in the morning, or after being in one position for a while, but it's not bad enough to stop me from going to work, or shopping, or anything essential, so i wouldn't describe it as flaring badly.

so my choices are:

1. soldier on and wait for my appointment at the end of may.

2. ring the nurse.

3. go see my GP and see if he thinks the symptoms are rheumy-types, if he can do anything to help, or if they're bad enough to ring the nurse.

just don't really know what to do for the best.

Comments

• Options
    ring the nurse, better safe than sorry then she can assess what action needs to be taken
  • Options
    Personally I'd see you're GP and see if they think you should ring the nurse... If that's too much of a faff though, just ring the nurse straight away. I wouldn't hang around waiting till may.
  • Options
    Ring the nurse and keep the appointment in May.
  • Options
    I'd ring the nurse :yes: