Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bunged up, groggy and wierd little habits...!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically...about 4 hours ago, was sat here...and just started to get throat pain, then pain in my ears, then feel congested about the nasal areas and roof of my mouth is sore, glands have risen, throats tightened...came on rather quickly...really random?! Any ideas?!!

Another thing, it maybe just me but I get into 'habits' that end really pissing me off. Examples of past ones, needing to click my toes every 30 seconds, or just constantly needing to wriggle them, pushing the tops of my fingers with my thumbs - literally constantly pushing the tips, and my worst one which gives me painful ears like now, and self-induced headaches is constantly crunching my ears in side as though to release pressure...but loads, I just have to do it. This leaves me tired, when I was younger I used to cry because there were the urges to constantly do it - the pressure release thing hurts - my ears become tender and sore, but if I don't do it, I get really distressed...I almost become obbsessed to doing it. I'm an oddball aren't I..lol...any ideas?!

Malt xxx :)

Comments

• Options
    Yes you are an oddball [KIDDING!!]

Strange one - do you constantly feel the need to fidget?

On the first point - tonsillitis?
  • Options
    I am a tiny bit of a fidget...it's just these habits, the ear one especially leaves me so owee, but I can't stop..!!

Tonsolitis is what I thought, used to suffer frequently but there's none of the usual signs although when looking down my throat and poking them tonsils, there were redder than normal areas - it just feels like painfully dry...but it's not, so it just hurts like hell!
    Thanks for quick reply btw Panthro -much appreciated!!
    malt xx :)
  • Options
    "poking them tonsils" :D

We all have habits - for example I rub my nose with my top lip [its a gift BTW :D ], cannot leave my hands by my side - I have to be doing something/folding my arms etc, move the tendon in my knee [another gift[

and so many more that I probably don't realise.

Unless they are taking over your life I suggest you ignore them
  • Options
    constantly crunching my ears in side as though to release pressure...but loads, I just have to do it.

Argh! In the past 6 months i have found my self doing this loads, i don't even know how it came about because i didn't even know i could do it :/ but now the inside of my ears click and crunch all the time, but i seemingly carry on doing it. I hate it, it's horrible, but i've not really got any advice for you because i don't know howto stop it, and sometimes don't even know i'm doing it.

Hmm so if your weird, i must be too :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I crack all the joints on my fingers and toes. Sometimes it makes them hurt a lot and I know it's not good to do that, but I haven't been able to stop for more than 2 months at a time.