Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

clinique 3 step system

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone here use the clinique 3 step skincare system?
if so is it worth investing in? Im tempted to buy it all but just wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on it
thanx xx

Comments

• Options
    I have used it for years but recently switched to clarins as the clinique clarifying lotion can be a bit harsh on the skin.

The best thing to do is invest in a decent moisturiser above all else, well worth the money!! and exfoliate once a week
  • Options
    I've been using it for the last 1 month! It's quite good, at least for my face!
    Btw, it was at a special offer around 46 GBP and it included, the 3 step system, plus a peeling cream, a lip stick & a perfume.
  • Options
    mooks wrote:
    I have used it for years but recently switched to clarins as the clinique clarifying lotion can be a bit harsh on the skin.

When I worked in boots, as we were shutting up the shop, the Clinique SA's would use the lotion to clean the glass counters - and boy, the dirt it took off! I no longer use any Clinique skin care products (I was a religious user for years) and my skin is a lot better for it.
  • Options
    I have used it for quite a while, and it worked really well. Thing is that I've been told from different cosmetologists, independant of each other, that it is really strong and harsh and to stop using it immedeatley. I haven't really used it since.
    Also the 3-step system makes you "dependant" as you first use the soap and need something to rinse it properly off, hence the skin tonic, which leaves you dry, hence the moisturiser.
    Now I only use skin tonic (Elixabeth Arden or L'Oreal which is surprisingly good and cheap) and from time to time moisturiser (my moms) and I have great looking and feeling skin.
  • Options
    Sorry this was a yesterday thread.

Basically, the soap is real good because it doesn't dry out your skin or give you that tight feeling you can get when you've cleaned with 'cheaper' soaps.

They made a dumb mistake which they seem to always fail to highlight, as I tell so many ladies who come back and say - the clarifying lotion hurts! I know! I had a bad rash cause of it, but also learnt how best to use it and have always recommended this. the clarifying lotion is like an exfoliate - removes dead skin, cleans out your pores. Don't use it everyday, you are just going to dry out your skin because once you've removed the dead skin one day, cleaned out the pores, do it again the next day and you're gonna be wiping away the skins natural oils, basically scrubbing good skin. I use my clarifying lotion once in a blue moon, seriously it shouldn't be used regularly- but is great for those dry skin moments. Another note - clarifying lotion number 2 meant to help borderline sensitive skins who also suffer with dryness...it dumbly contains menthol - menthol for sensitive skin...is evil - it's painful, made my face crispy and sore. Horrible, moved up to no.3, used only when really really needed, perfect - skin lovely and balanced.

Moisturiser - same for everyone its the dramatically different. Can feel a little oily when first placed on, leave to dry for a tiny while before adding makeup on top, it just needs time to sink in. If you have oily skin, a new gel version of the dramatically different has just been released - same moisturiser, just does not add to the oilness and helps to absord more oil.

I'm not sure what skin you have but, if you have dry skin, alike me - at nights I use the Clarins for very dry, sensitive skin night moisture...smells lovely, doesn't block up your pores, soft supple skin, absoloutly joy. If you have any other questions about Clinique, Clarins...any of the other cosmetic houses, I'd be glad to help :)

malt xx :)