Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rich Kids anti-labour threads

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'd just like to point out to everyone that there are currently 7 threads started by Rich Kid on the front page of politics & debate alone that denounce Labour and generally promote the Tories.

Is everyone else as sick to the back teeth of this as i am? I'm sick of seeing in every thread people having to point out flaws of the Tory party to Rich Kids cloth ears. I apprecaite diversity of debate, not constantly trying to drag it back to the same old topic.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed, personally what bothers me is his refusal to answer specific point and complete lack of backup.
  • Options
    The labour party is the government of this country and therefore is bound to be criticised. If people didn't want to respond they would vanish in no time.
  • Options
    and it's the election campaign - the board is bound to look like this, and btw there is nothing stopping you putting up threads about the conservatives (of which there seems to be a pretty large number)
  • Options
    Ah, but JimVee, don't we provide sources for our claims?
  • Options
    here here, the board is being swamped with unsubstantiated propaganda, i just wish the election was over already.......the boy (almost) makes you want to defend labour, simply because he talks utter crap.........i have yet to see RK back up anything he says, debate sensibly and at least attempt to answer questions, or remain remotely objective in his posts. it's just phoney blair this and phoney blair that........aaghhh.
  • Options
    Then use the report button if you don't think he's providing sources, then your guaranteed someone will look into it.

And to be honest I see masses of anti-Howard commenting here that is hardly better sourced. I've also seen masses of anti-Blair stuff without sourcing until the election campaign started.

In the end it's election campaign time, this is what everything gets like during elections.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Then use the report button if you don't think he's providing sources, then your guaranteed someone will look into it.

And to be honest I see masses of anti-Howard commenting here that is hardly better sourced. I've also seen masses of anti-Blair stuff without sourcing until the election campaign started.

In the end it's election campaign time, this is what everything gets like during elections.

I wasn't complaining about the amount of topics that are pro or anti one or other of the parties. I was trying to make the point that the constant, predictable stream of anti Labour drivel that he's spouting is becoming tiresome. I'm also complaining about the quality of what he's posting. We can all skirt round the issue but we know that nothing sensible or substantiated is contained in his posts.

If we were to report every post of his that was unfounded, offensive, wrong or misleading then you'd have a list as long of your arm to deal with.
  • Options
    I'm not skirting around the issue, I think your being unrealistic and pedantic and as far as I've seen most of what he's posting is straight out of the newspapers we see here each morning.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Its nothing but crappy propaganda, which will probably turn people away from the Conservatives as it will piss them off. Good job then, I say! :lol:
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    I'm not skirting around the issue, I think your being unrealistic and pedantic and as far as I've seen most of what he's posting is straight out of the newspapers we see here each morning.

I don't think that voicing concern at the degradation in quality of discussion that has occurred on this board since his arrival is being pedantic.

If I wanted to read drivel then I would have the Daily Mail delivered to my house every day, as it is I’ve saved myself the subscription fee by having Rich Kid spew fourth it’s hatred in my direction every day. I’m sure I’m not the only one that takes issue with the repetitive content of most of his posts.
  • Options
    if rich kid wants a debate why does he always say phoney blair instead of tony blair...the man's real name :confused: and to makes matters worse he accuses us of spin...
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    here here, the board is being swamped with unsubstantiated propaganda, i just wish the election was over already.......the boy (almost) makes you want to defend labour, simply because he talks utter crap.........i have yet to see RK back up anything he says, debate sensibly and at least attempt to answer questions, or remain remotely objective in his posts. it's just phoney blair this and phoney blair that........aaghhh.
    Stop moaning & whingeing apollo_69. As I've already said I'm not writing college essays, I'm putting forward my own view and where there is a need I quote from whence it came, so stop bleating you lamb-like creature.
    I don't belong to any political party, how many times have I got to post that fact before it sinks in through your thick skull?
    I read plenty of anti-Tory/Howard propaganda on here, using words like fascist, homophobic, and a selection of anglo-saxon names.
    Labour have been in power 8 long years and they've got to account for their record as bad as it is, so get off your high horse, engage your brain and start debating - if you don't like my views too bad sunshine. :)
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I read plenty of anti-Tory/Howard propaganda on here, using words like fascist, homophobic

Well, that sounds about right...
    Labour have been in power 8 long years and they've got to account for their record as bad as it is

Always makes me laugh when you say things like that because you haven't been able to show anything of the sort. You still haven't covered the NHS issue for a start...
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Stop moaning & whingeing apollo_69. As I've already said I'm not writing college essays, I'm putting forward my own view and where there is a need I quote from whence it came, so stop bleating you lamb-like creature.
    I don't belong to any political party, how many times have I got to post that fact before it sinks in through your thick skull?
    I read plenty of anti-Tory/Howard propaganda on here, using words like fascist, homophobic, and a selection of anglo-saxon names.
    Labour have been in power 8 long years and they've got to account for their record as bad as it is, so get off your high horse, engage your brain and start debating - if you don't like my views too bad sunshine. :)

:lol: ironic you should compare me to a bleating lamb, when you are an easily led sheep who clearly struggles to think for yourself, your head is filled with pre-conceived notions and the boring rhetoric you try to impress us with is usually lifted straight out the Daily Mail, sorry er sword of truth, how can you expect anyone to take you seriously?.........

i probably hate labour just as much as you, because they demonstrated complete contempt for the will of the people when they took us to war..........but the tories are no better in reality.........and economically i do think labour are more stable.......

no i don't like your views, but that's not the point............i hold some fairly outlandish views myself and clash with other posters from time to time, but when i do i try to engage in debate, not just completely avoid the issue, when questions are thrown at you you point blank ignore them and just start all over, blah blah blah..........what i have a problem with is not your views but your debating style, or lack thereof..........and that's the issue being raised in this thread...........pay attention, sunshine.
This discussion has been closed.