Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need A Change, not sure how

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
sorry if this is similar to rachies topic, but i am looking for adivce on how i could change my hair, at the moment i think i have a very regular style which 60% of male teenagers have.

I am not that adventerous when it comes to har, because i always go to the local barber where you hand a fiver and he gives you a trim. Obviously i would go somewhere better from a new hair style, but would feel a little intimadted i guess, because i dont no anything about hair.

Ive attached pictures on what it looks like now, i would appreciate any comments from anyone on what i could do to make it better

Comments

• Options
    grow a mullet :D

seriously though...you're hair's not that bad...you could possible get a one on the sides and do some lines with a razor along the side...

ETA: what i do is flatten my hair at the top and spike it out at the sides and with my fringe i gel my hands and rub my fingers through it making it stand up at a diagonal angel...sorry webcam is broke so hard to explain...just be imaginative you'll find something that looks cool eventually...
  • Options
    im thinking of highlights, but can i risk the abuse from those who just have to make a comment to anything thats different.
  • Options
    i quite like the current hair, tbh. maybe even grow it out a tiny bit so you can have the messy type look going on at the sides too?
    you could possible get a one on the sides and do some lines with a razor along the side...

:shocking:
  • Options
    i reckon leave it to grow a bit and just experiment with different hair stuff like putty, cream etc and see what happens :D
  • Options
    Grow it out. Definitely.

The top is too heavy for the sides.
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else.
  • Options
    Why don't you go and talk to a hairdresser or something? They usually have the right idea. Grow it out a bit... and you can have whatever you want cut into it then. How about shortish at the sides, and longer on top and at the back so you can leave the top down with a dinky fringe and have the back spikey-up?
  • Options
    ha just dont do that thing that men tend to do nowdays, where they have a parting at the front and flatten down the front section, and spike up the rest and have a longer mullet type thing at the nape of the neck! :lol: just why?!
  • Options
    I think your hairs NICE ;) but if you want to improve it you could grow it so you can have messy spikes look , and grow back as well so you can spike it up. i think that looks quite nice.
    and could just have a shoe shine if you want to colour your hair..thats when only the top parts colored and not from roots.
  • Options
    ok thanks alot for your ideas. I dont really want to grow it for more than like 4 weeks, because by then it gets all fluffy and horrible. Im thinking of gettin the sides pretty short about a grade 1 or 2. And maybe get that shoe shine thing that your talking about, but i dont really no what that is, lol
  • Options
    Go to a good hair salon such as Francescos/Toni & Guy, as they'l do it better than most the smaller ones due to experiance and if you dont like it you can get another 2 hair cuts FREE :yes:
  • Options
    sweet_gal wrote:
    if you dont like it you can get another 2 hair cuts FREE
    Hmmm, Toni and Guy owe me 4 hair cuts over the years... (Impressive, considering I've only been twice) :chin: Mind you, never had the guts to complain at the time.