Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ukip

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what the hell do they actually stand for?

Comments

• Options
    The UK Independance Party.

Basically they are anti Europe and want to have less immigrants.
  • Options
    I'm not sure. Have they released their manifesto yet?
  • Options
    Like Veritas, the BNP and now the Conservative Party, they are obsessed to worryingly unhealthy levels with immigrants. UKIP's other obsession is the EU, for which it blames for the number of immigrants Britain has as well as anything else the party percieves to be wrong with this country.

I think that kind of covers it all. They're not exactly a multi-issue party...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Like Veritas, the BNP and now the Conservative Party, they are obsessed to worryingly unhealthy levels with immigrants. UKIP's other obsession is the EU, for which it blames for the number of immigrants Britain has as well as anything else the party percieves to be wrong with this country.

They do have a kind of manifesto with policies covering most issues...they're basically right wing lunatics...disenfranchised tories etc.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

lamp boy, I just love the way you simplify everything so as to make things to make them appear what they're not - some might call it the "art of deception" - I wouldn't of course!
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    They do have a kind of manifesto with policies covering most issues...they're basically right wing lunatics...disenfranchised tories etc.
    What a beautiful intellectual summary spliffie, 10/10, excellent piece of disinformation and distortion. Keep it up you could go places, like becoming a spin doctor at no.10!
  • Options
    they're an EU obbsessed single-issue party with no future...simple as...next please
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    What a beautiful intellectual summary spliffie, 10/10, excellent piece of disinformation and distortion. Keep it up you could go places, like becoming a spin doctor at no.10!

Err...so UKIP are not right wing, and do not gather much of their support from disenfranchised conservatives?

I wonder why you're jumping to their defence...are you a member at all??
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    they're an EU obbsessed single-issue party with no future...simple as...next please

And what’s that insightful verdict based on? UKIP pushing the LibDems into fourth place in the European Elections and getting more MEP's than Britain's 'third' party?

I don't like UKIP. I just think that when a relatively new party manages to gain a lot of popular support pretty quickly as they did for the Euro Election they probably shouldn't be written off as having 'no future'.
  • Options
    And what’s that insightful verdict based on? UKIP pushing the LibDems into fourth place in the European Elections and getting more MEP's than Britain's 'third' party?

everyone knows people use the european elections as a reaction vote to their dissillusionment with a certain party...the tories won the european elections by miles...they've no chance of winning the general election and with kilroy silk leaving...they've no famous figurehead for their party...they're a dead party if there ever was one
  • Options

Yes, the key word there however is European, they will never make big gains in a general election.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I wonder why you're jumping to their defence...are you a member at all??
    No, I've got no time for them although I'm anti-EU Superstate, they're just a bunch of weirdo's!!! And a distraction to the electorate.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    No, I've got no time for them although I'm anti-EU Superstate, they're just a bunch of weirdo's!!! And a distraction to the electorate.
    Don't you believe that perhaps being a part of the EU will benefit us both enconomically and form a good sense of partnership and solidarity?

Let us not forget that for starters our whole society is built upon immigration. None of our current religions and mainstream spiritual paths are British born (unless you count Wicca, the Druid revival or Celtic reconstructionalism) and neither is the majority of the food we eat.

Then we have our main language which is a hybrid of Germanic, Latin, French, plus other European languages such as Spanish and more recently, some Japanese terms.

Heck, even the toilet wasn't a British thing, the Romans introduced that wonderful idea of hygene and democracy was an idea coined in Ancient Greece.

And these days... Well we come around 32nd according to a document I found as for how many asylum seekers we take in, most of which benefit us. In case you haven't noticed, people are living longer and having less children... We're currently supporting the millions of people born in the Baby Boom just after the war, more immigrants working are paying more taxes... Plus those who settle down are having kids who will support you and me when we're older (you are in the same generation of most people on the boards aren't you?).

A lot of immigrants do jobs that many Brits won't do because a lot of us feel that those jobs are below us and then... We have the cheek to accuse them of taking all the jobs.

Besides, don't you think that for the benefit of our generation and the generations that are to come, it's a good idea to start understanding other cultures rather than shunning them or pushing them away? Knowledge is golden.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong moonrat, I've nothing against trading with the EU, its just that I don't want to be part of the European Superstate that is designed to kill off nation states and put democracy at a greater distance from the people.

Yes we can be friends with them, yes we can trade with them but I don't want Euro's in my pocket nor do I want to be dictated to by Brussels - we have enough of that already!

Retain British democracy and say NO to a federal European state! You can't put a price on freedom.
  • Options
    erm cant we just say no to a federal eu state when that becomes what is on the cards, its not a state its a club/gang par se
  • Options
    The cat has been let out of the bag by several leading European politicians who have referred at various times to a European State with its own army, foreign policy, it already has its own currency, etc., despite denials that "a superstate is not on the agenda".
    Well, to use my favourite phrase, "if it has a beak like a duck, and it quacks like a duck ....etc"

The French/German Axis is out to dominate Europe, and it will, look how easily they got off after breaking the Stability Pact rules!! They make the rules for others to obey, but the same rules do not apply to them.

We can exist outside a European Superstate, as we have done so outside the Euro currency, so we shouldn't be seduced into thinking that the EU Referendum is "just a tidying up exercise" as Phoney Blair has tried to make out - it will bind us ever closer to this non-democratic entity!