Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm panicking!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok this may be one for the girls here.

I had sex with my boyfriend on tuesday and it really hurt whenever he went in. It felt like he was going to far and I was getting a sharp stabbing pain in the bottom on my stomach. This has never happened before when we've had sex so it obviously worried me.

Then afterwards when I went to the toilet there was a little blood (quite thick and dark red, sorry for the squemish out there). I'm on the pill and had just finished my break and started a new pack the day before so I thought maybe it was just the end of my period. Anyway I looked the symtoms up on the net and came up with Pelvic Inflamitary Disease :(

Since then I've been feeling abdominal pain and I've been bleeding like a tiny little bit (hardly enough to notice but enough to panic me). I'm so worried and I'm going to go to the doctors next week when I get an appointment.

I was just wondering if anyone had had this or knew how they tested for it. Plus what to say to the doctor (I'm really shitting myself about talking to him about it :crying: ). Or could it be anything else?

Comments

• Options
    xXxHelzxXx wrote:
    (I'm really shitting myself about talking to him about it :crying: ).
    Please don't worry about that. Tell your doc everything and you will get a better answer ;)

PID is only one possibility and extremely unlikely if you have never had an STI or previous vaginal infections.

Could be something simple like bleeding due to vaginitis or you simply not being 'wet' enough when he went in. But you're doing the right thing by seeing your GP.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reassurance (sp?).
    I've never been tested for STIs so i suppose it is a possibility. My current boyfriend has been tested and he is clear and i've always been careful but there's still a risk i guess.
    I'm just worried what to say. Typing symtoms on here is much easier than telling a doctor face to face!
  • Options
    xXxHelzxXx wrote:
    I'm just worried what to say. Typing symtoms on here is much easier than telling a doctor face to face!

If you really feel too embarrassed write them down/ print it out and show them that... but really your GP will have seen and heard a million worse/ more blush-provoking things. Talk to them, take that deep breath and go for it.

Susie Xx