Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

lump on my lip

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since last night i've had this painfull swelling on my lip. I've not really been taking care of myself this week and i've been drinking a lot (which isnt like me), someone suggested it could be a result of a vitiman defficiency.. Any one have any ideas what it is or how i can get rid of it?

Comments

• Options
    Cold sore? Bit/punched in the lip?
  • Options
    Could you give any more information than that? It's a bit vague. :)
  • Options
    Not really, its not a coldsore, just a swelling aprox 1 cm across, its stings abit when i tongue it. I havent bitten it or been punched, could it possibly be an allergic reaction? I've just started using a new lipstick..
  • Options
    are you sure it's not a cold sore? when i get one, i don't always get the blisters, sometimes a part of my lip just swells right up and i look like i've been socked in the face.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Not really, its not a coldsore, just a swelling aprox 1 cm across, its stings abit when i tongue it. I havent bitten it or been punched, could it possibly be an allergic reaction? I've just started using a new lipstick..

I guess thats always possible, but does the timing link in..e.g. did you use the lipstick quite close to when the swelling began? If you think it could be that, then stop using the lipstick for a while and see if it goes down. If it doesnt go down after a couple of days consult a doc.. :yes:
  • Options
    I recently had a sweeling in my lip, it was like a hard pea and it was ever so sore to the touch, was a spot that had basically developed under the skin and couldn't..surface- rather horrible, my anti-blemish solutions from Clinique helped it go down, now I have an odd tiny brown scar thing where it was though...oh well, beggars can't be choosers...anything like that? An inconveniently placed spot?

malt xxx :)