Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bob Dylan supports the Lib Dems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
or so it would seem...
Clowns to the left of me!
Jokers to the right!
Here I am stuck in the middle with you.

what key messages will you be looking out for from the various parties in the run up to the election?

my mains ones will be
Environment
Health
Students

Comments

• Options
    immigration
    immigrants
    immigration
  • Options
    Immigration and Crime.
  • Options
    I'm a travellin' man - Rick Nelson
    Gypsy Woman - Muddy Waters
  • Options
    Aren't the Lib dems to the left on Labour on many issues?

Mind you I can never hear that song now without thinking of Resevoir Dogs

And finally to answer your initial question

Defence - no cuts to Regiments and the sacking (followed hopefully by his execution) of Buff Hoon

Taxes - less of

Housing - cheaper

Northern Ireland

EU
  • Options
    I think the Arch Bishop of Canterbury was onto something when he said that all the parties were using fear of the 'other' in this campain.

Its fear and who is the 'strongest' party which will decide this election, tough on immigrants, beat up a few gypsys, kill some burglers, that sort of thing.
  • Options
    immigration
    immigrants
    immigration

BNP

is

your party then
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Its fear and who is the 'strongest' party which will decide this election, tough on immigrants, beat up a few gypsys, kill some burglers, that sort of thing.
    Whjich party advocates that?

"tough on immigrants" - NO - simply have control of our borders and know who is coming in

"beat up a few gypsies" - NO - simply ask them to obey the same laws as the rest of us

"kill some burglars" - NO - simply have sensible laws that give householders the legal right to protect their families & property

So my friend cut the emotive talk and you might start to get on the right track.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Which party advocates that?

"tough on immigrants" - NO - simply have control of our borders and know who is coming in

"beat up a few gypsies" - NO - simply ask them to obey the same laws as the rest of us

"kill some burglars" - NO - simply have sensible laws that give householders the legal right to protect their families & property

So my friend cut the emotive talk and you might start to get on the right track.

First of all, dont call me 'friend' I dont know you.

Secondly, I was exagerating for effect, you know, adding a little flair to it, debates tend to get a little dry without it.
  • Options
    Draw a little box and put your own name next to it and vote for yourself.

I would happily vote for any party that was for watering down the state in any of these key areas -

Immigration - it's impossible to stop so lets give over wasting resources on it.

Benefits - invent jobs for people rather than doing sit at home handouts. there is so much stuff that needs doing and millions of folks who could be doing it. I include finding worthwhile employment for the disabled in this as well.

Make a "proper" constitution with a hierarchy - human life at the top, property second etc. Your stuff can be replaced, life cannot.

What I actually have to choose from is a set of parties you can't really put a fag paper between on anything important. So I will sadly go along and spoil my paper like every other time.