Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why aren't you voting?

mobleymobley Posts: 43 Boards Initiate
Hello

Are you planning to vote. If not why not? If you have decided you aren't going to vote in the General Election, we would like to know why in our rant section http://www.thesite.org/community/realife/rants

Please send me (pm or email mo@thesite.org) a five-line synopsis of what your rant would be about.

Cheers

Mobley

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    mobley wrote:
    Are you planning to vote.
    No
    If not why not?

I am 2 young
  • Options
    bump.

come on peeps - we know half of you won't bother and we want to know WHY!

OR... if you desperately feel that everyone should vote, let us know about that, too.

:D
  • Options
    Don't care about politics, it bores me
  • Options
    I don't know enough about politics to bother voting. That's my reason, I just figured it wouldn't make a good rant ;)
  • Options
    spanner wrote:
    bump.

come on peeps - we know half of you won't bother and we want to know WHY!

OR... if you desperately feel that everyone should vote, let us know about that, too.

:D

Everyone is obviously too "apathetic" or just plain lazy to bother. ;)
  • Options
    You're a mod.
    Post in the right forum.

:lol:
  • Options
    You guys say you are not interested an politics.

I guess you have never ever complained about something the government has done. :(

If you are too lazy to even bother doing anything you cant complain when you dont like something the government does.
  • Options
    all of the parties offer things but hardly ever do they actually do it. i dont have faith in them so why vote
  • Options
    For me, the parties just try to beat each other, rather than try and improve the country - they don't seem to actually live in the real world or care.

I don't vote - but I don't particularly moan either. I'm indifferent. They're all the fucking same when it comes down to it.
  • Options
    im not voting coz i think all the parties are as bad as each other - they all make promises at election time and things don't seem to improve. they tell the people what they want to hear, and then once they get their own way backtrack on it. student fees etc. i guess im disillusioned by it all now.
  • Options
    It's really not hard to understand who says they will do what. Also there are many minor parties, why not look at them. The Greens for example.
  • Options
    If you can get into a university to do a law degree you are bright enough to understand basic politics.

If you don't you're lazy. Well, if you want to be lazy, you have no right to complain about anything the government ever does.

For selfish reasons I'd be interested in the world around me. It helps with study, and it helps to know just how the bastards are robbing you blind.

I think voting changes little- it only encourages the bastards, after all- but I think anyone who can't be arsed to spend five minutes writing a cross on a bit of paper deserves everything they get.
  • Options
    If you understand basic politics then you have no excuse not to vote.

Politics is only as complicated as you want to make it. Same with the public law module, truth be told.
  • Options
    I just hate politics. Even if I try to force myself to be interested in it, I don't understand. I'm not going to vote on something that will affect the whole country for something I find impossible to understand. Now that would be silly.

this is the thing that worries...thing is stressed you are really interested in politics...you just don't know it...i know it sounds boring when you hear "the tories are planning X which will save the country X amount of pounds" yes it sounds like drivel but if you get into the core essence of politics it is interesting and so essential...people say they are sick off what the main parties offer...then why don't you look about and find a party that suits you...if everyone in the country did this there would be change for the better...

and btw yes i am voting...
  • Options
    QUOTE=Kermit]If you understand basic politics then you have no excuse not to vote.

Politics is only as complicated as you want to make it. Same with the public law module, truth be told.[/QUOTE]

stop encouraging them you wazzack.

is that how you spell wazzack?
  • Options
    I think it is.

I honestly think people should vote. They should vote for the stupidest candidate on the ballot paper. And yes, that even includes the BNP or the dirty commie bastards.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I think it is.

I honestly think people should vote. They should vote for the stupidest candidate on the ballot paper. And yes, that even includes the BNP or the dirty commie bastards.
    this is not an organisation ...

this is a movement!

the anti bullshit movement.
    go and vote but spoil your paper ...write across it ...
    'member of the anti bullshit movement'.
  • Options
    i think women should vote,considering all the hassle the suffragetts went through.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i think women should vote,considering all the hassle the suffragetts went through.
    The suffragettes went through that for the CHOICE to vote.

Not voting is a legitimate decision, just a wrong one.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i think we should chain wimmin up again.
    when that emily parkhurst kicked off ...it was all sexual ...nowt to do with politics.

chain me up and lash me man ...thats all they wanted.

now they've broken free and are throwing up with the men o a weekend!
    men have aleways been crazy.
    but when the women go crazy as well ...you just know your tribes times are over ...

man.
  • Options
    i think we should chain wimmin up again.
    when that emily parkhurst kicked off ...it was all sexual ...nowt to do with politics.

chain me up and lash me man ...thats all they wanted.

now they've broken free and are throwing up with the men o a weekend!
    men have aleways been crazy.
    but when the women go crazy as well ...you just know your tribes times are over ...

man.
    :lol: i'm glad you said that! and not me.
  • Options
    having said that though,that emily parkhurst was a saucy minx! she could tie herself to my railings,and suffer a jet movement any time!
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    having said that though,that emily parkhurst was a saucy minx! she could tie herself to my railings,and suffer a jet movement any time!

:|