Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

acidic rinse for hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
following my hairdresser disaster, i need to remove my black hair without bleaching. In the hairdressers they used an acidic rinse and this turned my hair dark blonde without actually harming my hair, so i would like to get some and remove this horrible black dye myself, there is NO WAY im going to a hairdressers to get it done "professionally" !!

so does anyone know where i can get hold of some? ive googled it with no glory.

Comments

• Options
    In my town there is a shop called "Sallys" which is basically where they sell professional hair dressing products to the general public, and also to salons. Try there..or some shop similar. Or couldn't you maybe ask in the salon what they use?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    If I were you, I'd leave it, you will be suprised how quickly black will fade, and you don't want to overtreat your hair. People on here have recommended anti-dandruff shampoo to help colour fade quickly, you could give that a try, and then put a semi permanent chesnut or chocolate or something over the black when it has faded, to put some red back in it...
  • Options
    even though it would not be a good idea to dye your hair another colour, you should do that if you are really sick of the black hair dye. but bewarre though, cos a lot of chemicals in your hair could make it fall off.
  • Options
    update-

i just washed my hair 5 times with head and shoulders with bicarbonate of soda mixed in, and i also left lemon juice on it for 2 hours

it seems slightly lighter yay!!