Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

would you buy a watch from ebay??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i really want to buy a watch but cant find one anywhere in a shop! ive found a few on ebay for sale, but not sure if they are fake. i could get one of these watches for about £80 plus about £20 petrol to go and get one. but there are some on ebay for about £50. but i'd rather spend the extra and get a real one...what do people think...

Comments

• Options
    What type of watch? :confused: You know you can get a perfectly good watch for a tenner?
  • Options
    My ICT teacher was showing off her new watch she bought off eBay.
    Save some bob and go for it!
  • Options
    Its a Philippe Starck Fossil watch
    like these ones http://www.fossil.com/jump.jsp?itemID=980&itemType=CATEGORY

very nice, and i kinda have a boner for philipe starck stuff! might just go for one, suppose if it is fake, they look pretty good. most of the sellers have great feedback, but maybe they are all stupid. cos they are advertised as fakes...who knowS!
  • Options
    who cares if its fake? it looks the same
  • Options
    but still £50 for something that probably cost about 2p to make doesnt sit well with me...maybe im just being sillysausage
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    but still £50 for something that probably cost about 2p to make doesnt sit well with me...maybe im just being sillysausage

If it's poor quality send it back. There's a clause in your contracty thingy that basically covers any transaction in the UK if you're not happy with something you're within your rights to return it and receive your money back within 14 days I think. Any seller is going to bend over backwards to give you your money back at the risk of neg. feedback.
  • Options
    righty, ill have a do on payday. lets see what happens! thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    not being funny or anything , but is the watch u want the one with the blue LED screen and black wrist strap????

cos i have one which is new , and i dont want it , i bought it for 70 quid and still have the reciet etc.. its still in its box!
  • Options
    oh sounds promising! any chance you could take a few pics of it for me? i'd happily buy one off someone here...

u can get me on msn if you prefer...
  • Options
    yer , i'll get some pics when i dig it out , i'll get u on msn too ,

u can check my ebay feedback if u want too , username - wufu000 , tho i havent ever sold anything on it , only bought
  • Options
    right pal, ive added you to my msn, off to work now but should be on msn most of the day there. ill catch you later.
  • Options
    Koe you know wgere I can buy watches by Philippe Starck offline or even a good heard of online store that is based in the UK (not eBay)?.
  • Options
    What type of watch? :confused: You know you can get a perfectly good watch for a tenner?

No you cant Iv been through cheep watches you need to spend £30 to get a decent one I think. I bought a seconda for £40 as I was pissed off with cheep ones not working properly or not staying strapped.

Yes i would buy one off ebay as safe as getting anything else there.
  • Options
    if its someone selling a one of watch on ebay it could be fake - unlikely but still a possibility.

most of the best / cheapest (compared to r.r.p) are from companies selling 100s of watches a day on ebay, and just look at their feedback.

Dont buy from someone selling a one off watch
  • Options
    felix: i rang fossil UK and they suggested The Watch Lab in manchester arndale, strangly they wouldnt sell me one direct! try ringing em, can get number from www.fossil.com im waiting for Wu to get back to me on his, see what his is like.

oloala: i think its more likely to be the opposite, someone who has one is more likely to have bought it real and selling it on, the guys who have 100's might just be getting em from some dodgy lucky lucky men. ill see what happens with wu if no luck, ill try ebay.
  • Options
    Just a quick one for you...

I've got three of the Starck range from Fossil - two I bought from Ebay andone I bought in New York. Trust me, they're genuine - I got the ones from Ebay from a chap based in NY (I think) called Finnythecool and if it's the same bloke (I suspect he will be) he's spot on.

Just my 2 pence. I love my Starck stuff.

G.
  • Options
    g_angel007: thanks for that! something to consider! im gonna get a couple of the starck watches! another starck fan eh! you got anything else nice by starck?? ive got a Starck TV (my pride and joy) and a couple of chairs. and a starck mouse...the microsoft one..