Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nero vs Nero Express

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Back in the Nero vs Adaptec days, where drives normally shipped with Adaptec, I quickly made the switch to Nero. In the last two years though, my last two drives shipped with Nero Express.

The Express program is meant to be a cut down version of Nero, but I haven't found anything that is missing from the full program. It has a CD label designer, it can rip CDs, and it can overburn. What exactly did Ahead take away?

Cheers.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In my opinion, Express is just a faster to use, cleaner interfaced application for just the basic operations.
  • Options
    There is a difference, because I've used both. However, I only used the Express briefly, and now use Pro, and can't remember what the differences are. I know there are a lot more options with Pro, but nothing I'd really use in regular use.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I use Pro... express is simple and fast for easy tasks.
  • Options
    Nero StartSmart is the way to go, it's supa dupa.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies.

I did think for a moment that 'Express lacks a mixed-mode option, but I can now see it in there. In the Nero Express console, choose music > Audio and Data CD and Bob's-your-uncle.

Nero Express also ships with InCD, which is part of the full Nero too. I've not bothered with packet writing for CDs, but I do swear by DVD-RAMs. The ability to read/write DVDs using the bog standard Windows Explorer. This is the 2nd DVD-RAM drive I've used. The old one had a driver for the RAM bit, but it is now treated by InCD. It continues to work with my DVD-RAMs that were formatted by my old drive.