Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why Do I Have No Luck With Friends???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'd like to think i'm a pretty nice person, i'd never be anything but nice to anyone because i like being friendly and getting on with everyone. I confess if i dont know the person i can be quite quiet but i dont think i'm boring or anything.
But recently i've begun to think that i'm seriously lacking in friends & its getting me so upset. I have my own website & my flatmate saw it last night and got really upset because i had pictures of her on the site. She's the type who just bitches behind people's backs so i tread carefully around her but recently she keeps having a go at me about my relationship with my boyfriend and last night she had a go at me about my website. I told her i'd take the photos off straight away which i have and apologised but i know full well she's been bitching about me cuz my other flatmate is treating me like rubbish now. Me being sensitive got really upset about it last night but in the end shrugged it off.

I'm going to a concert tonight, was really excited about it because i'm front row plus my two friends i'm going with kinda stalk the band and were taking me with them so i was all excited about meeting the band. But then the other day they txted me saying they were getting a lift with their 'stalker friends' and i'd have to make my own way to the concert. I was upset at first but said i'd be okay with that. Thing is, i've just taken my boyfriend to the train station & guess whos there trying really hard to avoid me?? My two supposed friends i'm going to the concert with. Yet again i got really upset, if they didnt want me with them all day they could've just told me. I dont understand why they did that? All i know is that i'm really upset at the moment & i dont know what to do.

I do have some great friends i've known since secondary school, thing is they've gone off to Uni and have a new life. My closest friend broke it to me a few days ago she's going to live in France in September. I feel so lonely, it feels like i dont have anyone to speak to or anything & it hurts so much. I dont know what to do, it's not like i'm a nasty person so what am i doing wrong???

Comments

• Options
    I guess everyone feels lonely at one time or another. You might feel that the whole world is against you, when in fact it isn't true. Sure, you might not have many friends, but whats to stop you making some? Join a club or something like that, whatever interests you. There must be something in your area..I find it hard to make friends, as I'm not really very confident when talking to strangers. But you just gotta try it.

Maybe you just got your wires crossed with these 2 mates..? If not, and they treat you badly, then try and find out why? Do you spend much time with your bf? Maybe they are jealous about that or something...idk. Ask them whats wrong, or what you have supposedly done to upset them, and the same with your flatmates.

Hope I helped xx
  • Options
    My two supposed friends i'm going to the concert with. Yet again i got really upset, if they didnt want me with them all day they could've just told me. I dont understand why they did that? All i know is that i'm really upset at the moment & i dont know what to do.
    you'll always find people who let you down... thats part of life. if its only happened once, then let it go and forget it. but, if they let you down constantly... they are not worth being friends with.

forget about your flat mate - she'll get over it. if you have already appologized and taken the photos off... there is not much you can do at the moment... except give her a bit of space to calm down in.
    but, again, if she is bitchy constantly... she's a pretty crap friend.

and, you sound like an alright person so you shouldn't have any problems making any new friends... if thats what you want to do.
  • Options
    i was thinking the same thing today. from what youve said we are exactly alike. i guess i tend to let everyone walk all over me just to avoid conflict...and my "friends" end up taking advantage! i know exactly how u feel. if u ever wanna talk about it just PM me because whenever i talk to anyone about it they just dont seem to understand. :wave:
  • Options
    who cares if ur mates treatin ya like crap? dont let it get 2 ya..
    end of the day they cant be real m8s if they lecture u. real mates stand by each ova no mata wot.
    iv been in ur situation n it kinda sucks cuz ma m8 totally bitched bout me 2 everyone i knew n turned em against me y? cuz of the guy im wid..
  • Options
    as long as you have one good friend then your ok because one good friend is better then a lot of friends that dont treat u right
  • Options
    they sound pretty naff mates just ask them straight out whats going on and if u dont like ther reply move on...dont let them get u down there is too much hassel out there. U deserve mates who treat u right....
  • Options
    Won't believe this! The girl who complained about me having a website with her on has actually made her own website! Hypocrite or what??? Am so annoyed, but keeping quiet cuz she is pure hell to live with if you get on the wrong side of her!

With the other girls at the concert, after thinking back to the amount of times I've said hello to them & they've said they didnt hear me. I realised they were most probably avoiding me when i have done nothing to them so am guessing its jealousy & have chosen not to make an effort at all with them. If they want to chat, i'll chat but otherwise i'm not bothering!