Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what do i do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just after some advice really.....for two and a half years now there has been a girl in my life that I adore. However in this time we have not been together as such. being just seeing eachother really. anyway she says she loves me, but in this time she continues to hurt me. In this time she has seen other lads etc. Lads I know. Every time I ask her what she wants from us she fails to answer. I sort of accept the fact that we wont really ever be together based on the fact she has hurt me so much in the past, and if that she did love and want me....well she'd be with me. The thing I am asking is how to get over her? I love her deeply, though I do ask myself why after all shes put me through. I need to get over her but dont know how? and im scared that if and when I do get her out of my life she will find someone else and be with them. I just dont know what to do, everyday I think about her and every day I feel stressed and depressed....like I say I do love her.....but in my own mind I realise I need to get over her and move on....but how?

many thanks

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You maybe need some physical space from her - dont go out with her or see her and try not to go to places she might be. You dont have to actually tell her you are doing this, just create a bit of distance.

Maybe you could delete her number from your phone. Write it down and put it in a drawer or something, but dont keep it in your phone - you wont be tempted to txt or call her then.

Maybe you could take up an activity to keep your mind off her. Go out with different mates, not the ones she has been seeing. You never know, you might meet another girl that way...someone who will be with you properly and treat you well.

Good luck :)