Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My Love Life

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, let me set the scene.

I'm in second year at uni in Edinburgh and I do love it. I'm having a great time but some things do get to me. For instance. At home in Ireland, I can go out at night, see loads of people I know, have a great night, and just generally have great social contact and have never had any problems getting the ladies.

For most of first year I had a girlfriend, who I had been seeing since the end of school an loved very much. Trouble was she was at uni in Belfast, so things were difficult. We gave it a go but in the end we split up. I thought this was for the best and basically thought it could be the start of a great new life of singledom in Edinburgh. But, it just hasn't really materialized as I would have liked. I have started to realise that I'm not a one-night-stand kinda guy. I like there to a be a bit more, not necessarily a relationship, but just some lovely lady I can spend time with, and do things together.

Now, I'm a fairly confident guy, confident in my looks, confident in talking to people and confident in how I'm perceived by others (and please don't confuse this with arrogance). But this hasn't really helped me since I split with my girlfriend. I just find it so hard to approach girls I don't know, in clubs etc. I kind of find the whole idea of randomly tackling some girl quite childish and unappealing. When I'm at home it's fine because I know everyone out, and don't have to worry about trying to chat up randoms. But now I'm away from the security of my hometown the whole pulling thing has become alot more daunting. This is compounded by the fact that I do miss my ex alot, and it bothers me that I'm finding it difficult to move on, especially as she seems to have moved on so swiftly and easily. I'm happy for her but I just sometimes wish I didn't have the feelings for her, and I could do the same.

What is also frustrating is that I have got to know some really nice girls through my course etc. but they all seem to have boyfriends! It's a nightmare, especially as some of them are quite flirty and I know they would defo be up for it. But I could never ever do the Judas by tackling some other bloke's girl, no matter what sort of guy he was, I just think it's not on. I wouldn't want it done to me, so I won't do it to others. I don't wanna wait around for these girls to become single either. God, I sound desperate, like I'm dying for a woman or something. That's not really the case, I'm just looking for nice girls, whose company I can enjoy, and I just know I have alot to offer but right now, noone to offer it to!

Hmmm, I hate moaning, but life used to be so simple when I was in a relationship, never had to worry about any of this nonsense. I suppose I'm looking for any advice at all as to how I can improve my love life. And before anyone suggests it, speed dating, and other ego destroying techniques just aren't my style.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have any of your uni friends got some nice girl friends? Maybe you could ask a friend to introduce you to his/her friend(s). That way it won't be "random", its just meeting a friend of a friend.