Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Baby for sale!

Click here for story.
Lindsey Stone and John Carwithen, parents of two-year old daughter Charleigh are drug addicts. (or junkies as the News of the World calls them) News Of The World reporters say that they tried to sell her for £15,000 in order to feed their habit and also to pay off bills and court fines.

Okay, this is definitely a paper with a dubious history and with a record of sensationalism. But putting that aside, isn't this story so revealing? The way that drugs can destroy lives? Or the way that a baby, a living thing with flesh and blood can be regarded as nothing more than a commodity to be sold off for money? I'm sickened. :mad:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Click here for story.
    Lindsey Stone and John Carwithen, parents of two-year old daughter Charleigh are drug addicts. (or junkies as the News of the World calls them) News Of The World reporters say that they tried to sell her for £15,000 in order to feed their habit and also to pay off bills and court fines.

Okay, this is definitely a paper with a dubious history and with a record of sensationalism. But putting that aside, isn't this story so revealing? The way that drugs can destroy lives? Or the way that a baby, a living thing with flesh and blood can be regarded as nothing more than a commodity to be sold off for money? I'm sickened. :mad:
    almost as bad as the recent articles about parents selling their children for sex ...some only two years old and for as little as a packet of fags!

i have always said that horror stories/films ...never ever come anywhere near the horror of reality.
    there are some fucking scary people out there!
  • Options
    Okay, this is definitely a paper with a dubious history and with a record of sensationalism. But putting that aside

can you do that? is it wise?

if this story is true then yes it is remarkably callous, but not ALL IV drug users are like this. It is very hard for me to reconcile the idea that their drug habits are the only factor in this utterly reprehensible behaviour.

There are some ex users on this forum who i am utterly convinced would be appauled at this, this isnt primarily a drugs issue it is a sad and terrible tale of two said and terrible people...
  • Options
    if this story is true then yes it is remarkably callous, but not ALL IV drug users are like this. It is very hard for me to reconcile the idea that their drug habits are the only factor in this utterly reprehensible behaviour.
    For crying out loud Martin, I have never honestly suggested otherwise! Perhaps the story also tells us about the lax morality of the people involved. I know the News Of The World publishes some total bullshit, but I'm putting that aside as this story sounds too important for such silly bickering.

EDIT: Sorry about this Martin, just in a rather bad mood at the moment.
  • Options
    but not ALL IV drug users are like this.
    There are some ex users on this forum who i am utterly convinced would be appauled at this, this isnt primarily a drugs issue it is a sad and terrible tale of two said and terrible people...
    as an ex smack head IV user ...i don't think for a moment that SG was suggesting anything of the sort!
  • Options

couldnt have put it better myself. Theyd have had to have serious serious problems far beyond their drug habit to do something like this (if it is true)
  • Options
    couldnt have put it better myself. Theyd have had to have serious serious problems far beyond their drug habit to do something like this (if it is true)
    For goodness sake, I wasn't seriously saying that all drug users are the same, just lumping everyone into one group. I would say drugs are a factor, but that the couple's own (non-existent) sense of morality would also play a role.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    For goodness sake, I wasn't seriously saying that all drug users are the same, just lumping everyone into one group. I would say drugs are a factor, but that the couple's own (non-existent) sense of morality would also play a role.
    excuse me, do you mind not being so defensive. I wasnt having a go at YOU, I was just responding to the debate. Why do you have to say "for goodness sake" as though ive said something ridiculous.
  • Options
    as an ex smack head IV user ...i don't think for a moment that SG was suggesting anything of the sort!

no you misunderstand i wasnt having a go at SG's post i was taking issue with the way that rag constructed the article...

What is it with you lately rolly, jumping on me every five minutes...i think you're just being mean coz i said you wake up thinking you're on DMT :D:lol:
  • Options
    Just shows the lengths some druggies will go, and the social problems drugs cause.
    Its interesting to note that many of our pot-heads rush instinctively to rubbish the paper - whats that saying about shooting the messenger!!!!
  • Options
    Still, I suppose she could have aborted...
  • Options
    Still, I suppose she could have aborted...
    Yea, why not kill the innocent unborn, its only a foetus. How glibly the words roll off the tongue of the unthinking! Its frightening.
  • Options
    no you misunderstand i wasnt having a go at SG's post i was taking issue with the way that rag constructed the article...

What is it with you lately rolly, jumping on me every five minutes...i think you're just being mean coz i said you wake up thinking you're on DMT :D:lol:
    i can assure you martin ...it's nowt personel ...i jump on anyone and everyone ...and no i'm not talking about my sex life.
  • Options
    Just shows the lengths some druggies will go, and the social problems drugs cause.
    Its interesting to note that many of our pot-heads rush instinctively to rubbish the paper - whats that saying about shooting the messenger!!!!

first of all you delightfully derrisory dullard, i am no longer a 'pot head' or a regular user of illegal substances.

So you think, that it is drug use alone that inherently creates or insights 'immoral' or such extreme and reprehensible behaviour yes?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    !!!!
    notice my very first reply in this thread?
    people selling their kids to peeeedos ...nowt to do with drugs.
    where do you stand on the issue of christian priests abusing huge ammounts of children?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Yea, why not kill the innocent unborn, its only a foetus. How glibly the words roll off the tongue of the unthinking! Its frightening.
    you ...have so obviously led a very sheltered protected and comfy life ...so far.
    your reality is NOT ... the reality of millions of others.
    your cushioned and comfortable reality is not even the norm.
  • Options
    and so say all of us...:yeees:
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

Somehow I knew that you would miss the point completely.
  • Options
    excuse me, do you mind not being so defensive. I wasn't having a go at YOU, I was just responding to the debate. Why do you have to say "for goodness sake" as though ive said something ridiculous.
    Moi, defensive? All I did was make my position clear.
    i wasnt having a go at SG's post...
    :lol: Sure you weren't...
  • Options
    actually i wasnt. Really, if you look at the criticisms very few of them can be traced back to your original post. But you'll probably just assume im out to get you anyway :yeees: