Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sneezing Fits.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I used to sneeze about once every 3 weeks, twice if I was lucky. The last few weeks, I've been sneezing about 10 times (per setting) every few hours. What could cause such a sudden change? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    i dont know but you must be having fun because they reckon 7 sneezes is equivilent to an orgasm :D
  • Options
    An allergy. See our GP.
  • Options
    That 7 sneeze thing is a myth, you think I'd be complaining if it wasn't? ;o

I thought about allergy, and I thought has my maw started using any new washing powder or something. Then I thought, do I care enough to do my own washing? Then I thought - No.

I did a search for sneezing fits and the first result I came upon was something like a help forum and it said something to do with yeast or something and that one of the other symptoms was "itchy eye", which I have and was going to make a thread on the other day. I've never had an allergy before, do they just come up like that?
  • Options
    You could have developed a previously dormant allergy to something like pollen (hayfever). Hayfever can start at any time depending on the type of pollen/grass you are allergic too. Some people only suffer once every few years as what they are allergic too may not have been planted that particular year due to crop rotation.
  • Options
    I reckon hayfever as well:)

My mums does lots of consecutive sneezing which is rather amusing to watch:lol:

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Hayfever?

I hate sneezing when I'm driving, I rarely sneeze just the once, it's more like 2 or 3 times and well, when you sneeze you shut your eyes. I'm scared I'll crash. :(
  • Options
    you been anywhere dusty recently? if you're just sneezing lots, and have no other ill effects, and feel fine afterwards, it's usually something like this.

and sneezing lots in a row can be an individual thing. my dad does it - his record is 47 (in a row, probably a few seconds in between). I inherited it, but my best so far is only about 20.
  • Options
    Sounds like pollen allergy, when my boyfriend gets started he'll sneeze non-stop for two hours every morning in spring, without fail.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Dead thread. :/