Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the difference between smoking and eating weed/hash

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've stopped smoking just about, and i was wondering about the difference between eatting it and smoking it. right now i'm not having anything to do with it because i'm having a pretty rough time of it without adding drugs into the equation, plus i've got the reminants of flu so one toke and i'd probably give myself a whitey.

but i'm never eaten hash or weed so how much would it take to get stoned and i know it affects you differently when you eat it so how exactly does it affect you and whats the best way of doing it?

Comments

• Options
    i've stopped smoking just about, and i was wondering about the difference between eatting it and smoking it. right now i'm not having anything to do with it because i'm having a pretty rough time of it without adding drugs into the equation, plus i've got the reminants of flu so one toke and i'd probably give myself a whitey.

but i'm never eaten hash or weed so how much would it take to get stoned and i know it affects you differently when you eat it so how exactly does it affect you and whats the best way of doing it?

i think it depends on when you laste ate but usually an hour or so to hit you...well whenever i did it it did...you get a lot more fucked when eating it...it all hits you in one go and you'll be completely monged out...well all i did was get a spoon...put some butter or olive oil on it...i used butter...then burn your blow onto the butter, light a lighter under the spoon to heat it up then mix it into a youghart...thats the easy way...people talk about cakes and all that but i wouldn't know where to start in making one of those sorry
  • Options
    Yeh i burned some hash into a yoghurt, quiet a fair bit too, and then ate the whole lot. After 30 mins it started to kick in, after an hour i could barely move and felt like sleeping for a week. Very dazed and spaced out you can call it... i'd definitely rather smoke it.
  • Options
    take a piece of hash ...swallow.
    simple as but ...
    when your smoking it you are dosing yourself as you go along.
    when you eat it ...you HAVE dosed yourself to that ammount and as turly said above ...A LOT STRONGER HIT!
  • Options

Aye, a yoghurt is easiest...obviously soapbar tastes fucking disgusting, so the trick i use to use the smallest yogurt possible...less quanitity to have to eat, and more concentrated. Gets it over and done with quicker...the taste really is vile imho. Cakes are horrible on this level.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Aye, a yoghurt is easiest...obviously soapbar tastes fucking disgusting, so the trick i use to use the smallest yogurt possible...less quanitity to have to eat, and more concentrated. Gets it over and done with quicker...the taste really is vile imho. Cakes are horrible on this level.

Whenever i've ate it i usually use one of those small petty felu yogurts, small but can fit alot of hash in it.

Eating it lasts far longer and more intense, it's more of a monged out i don't want to do anything type of high.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    it's more of a i don't want to do anything type of high.
    in my case it's more a case of i CAN'T do anything!
  • Options
    :D more of a 'i'd love to move but i feel like i've got a cast iron block pushing my forehead into the back of the sofa' type thing :D
  • Options
    :D more of a 'i'd love to move but i feel like i've got a cast iron block pushing my forehead into the back of the sofa' type thing :D
    oh yeah ...must have a session this weekend ...get my post count down a bit.
  • Options
    The THC is changed in the liver I believe into a longer lasting and more hallucinogenic chemical, this doesnt happen when you smoke it.

I cant remember the name of the chemical, I've posted it before, if you are interested (and you probably are not) then do a search.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    Whenever i've ate it i usually use one of those small petty felu yogurts, small but can fit alot of hash in it.

Eating it lasts far longer and more intense, it's more of a monged out i don't want to do anything type of high.

Aye, there ain't much you can do after a yoghurt...other than become one with the universe ;) .
  • Options
    smokin or munchin?

Smoking hash or weed is a very social act, passing a joint around increases conversation and a openess with those you are smoking with, eating it on the other hand is usually done alone so the social aspect is lost. Secondly, the hit off a joint is almost instant while it can take a long time to get anything of a piece you've swallowed. After sampling some of the space cakes in Amsterdam, it's quite cool to sit with a cup of coffee and a couple of cakes and let your mind wander away at its own speed. Anyway, there's no point in asking me... what would I know - I'm stoned :cool:
  • Options
    I dunno, I tend to smoke alone. Each to his own I guess.
  • Options
    Much more intense, comes on in waves of highness. You can control your high.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    Much more intense, comes on in waves of highness. You can control your high.

is that what you're feeling now :p mad man.