Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Question for anyone with the Implanon implant....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you still get your periods?

Since i had mine fitted I haven't actually had a period at all. Nadda, zip, nothing! And before anyone says anything, i am absolutely certain i'm not pregnant :D

Apparantly it does happen to some people.

Tis just a general query cos i wondered if i'm a lucky one or if it happens to everyone with the implant :confused:

Comments

• Options
    since ive had it (3 months) ive had a very light bleed which lasted only about 2 days nothing since, it was hardly even a period tbh

did yours make you VERY moody in the first month?
  • Options
    well, hard for me to tell really cos just after i had it inserted, my fiance left me for my best friend so.......

i've only had it 3 months as well :D
  • Options
    blah
  • Options
    :( doesn't sound like you're having much luck with it
  • Options
    i still had periods, but it didnt suit me in other ways, they were irregular but i always have been anyway.
  • Options
    Do you still get your periods?

Since i had mine fitted I haven't actually had a period at all. Nadda, zip, nothing! And before anyone says anything, i am absolutely certain i'm not pregnant :D

Apparantly it does happen to some people.

Tis just a general query cos i wondered if i'm a lucky one or if it happens to everyone with the implant :confused:

My ex gf had it in 4 a year and a half and didn't bleed once. she had it taken out 5-03-03 and 2 wks l8r was pregnant so be careful unless u do want kids! I wanted mine but we split a yr ago and i've not seen her since. We had a boy......
  • Options
    I have had implanon in for about a month now. At first I missed the period I was due and I thought 'great' my periods have stopped.......

.....then after a few days my period started and as yet it hasn't stopped.

I feel fed up with it now as its been about 2 weeks and its quite heavy (and my hubby thinks I'm pulling a fast one!!)

I'm waiting for a doctor appointment because my main concern is that it doesn't seem like a 'normal' period - its a lot brighter red than usual and, I know this sounds strange, but it smells exactly like the period you have straight after you've had a baby!! :confused:

Has anyone else had this? I know that they say that your periods can be a bit irregular, but it seems that most people I speak to have had their periods stop!!
  • Options
    angelmouse wrote:
    I have had implanon in for about a month now. At first I missed the period I was due and I thought 'great' my periods have stopped.......

.....then after a few days my period started and as yet it hasn't stopped.

I feel fed up with it now as its been about 2 weeks and its quite heavy (and my hubby thinks I'm pulling a fast one!!)

I'm waiting for a doctor appointment because my main concern is that it doesn't seem like a 'normal' period - its a lot brighter red than usual and, I know this sounds strange, but it smells exactly like the period you have straight after you've had a baby!! :confused:

Has anyone else had this? I know that they say that your periods can be a bit irregular, but it seems that most people I speak to have had their periods stop!!

I have had it twice..... the first time I had no periods and this time I bleed alot of the time and yes..... it certainly smells like a bleed you have after u have given birth........ I went to fpc and they said its fine, it can make them irregular whilst your body adjusts to having the implanon, don't worry, it will sort out soon enough
  • Options
    my first three implanon periods were long, 14-16days then they started to settle a bit. they did smell different but i dont know about the after birth part as i havent done that!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    If you are worried or have any questions, you could try giving theFPA helpline a call on 0845 310 1334 (England), and speak to one of their advisors. It is always better to know and put your mind at ease!
  • Options
    hmmm, bit of an old thread to bring up but meh, i likes seeing me name, lol

soz, can't comment on it as i still haven't had a period but believe me i'm not bothered. could not deal with that and tonsilitus at the same time :(