Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Getting work done!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
how is the best way to get all your work done??
i have 3 compleate units of health and social care, 2 keyskills folders and biology work to do all by easter !

i realy cant see me getiing it all done, as i have ADHD, so i find it very hard to comnentrate for long periods of time! also all the teachers keep piling on more work! any tips ar emuch appreciated!

Mx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I find routine helps. If you set yourself a routine where a certain time is "Work time", then just devote that time to working.

Other than that, just good old self-motivation I'm afraid :)
  • Options
    It'll get to the last minute and you realise you have no choice - there's no more time left to squander. Works for me. :thumb:
  • Options
    do it a bit at a time and break it down into smaller chunks, don't aim to do it all in one go. draw up a schedule of when you will do it and what work you will do.

i mean, if you did 30mins on it, 4 times a day - you've done 2 hours of work. and i personally, find it is easier to get stuff done like that, and it doesn't seem too overwhelming which could cause you to procrastinate.

another way you could do it is to break down the day into 3rds:
    morning 8-12
    afternoon 1-5
    evening 6-10
    choose 1 you will study in (4 hours), and have the other 2 to yourself to attend college or whatever.

getting things done is really easy, provided you manage your time well.
    alternatively you could check out:-
    http://www.studygs.net/timman.htm
    http://www.ucc.vt.edu/lynch/TimeManagement.htm

hope that helps a bit.
    otter :)
  • Options
    when im in the same situation, i find the best thing to do is write a list of all your assignments in order of priority, so whichever one is due in first. then start from there. if you have difficulty in concentrating, only spend short periods of time working, so say 30-40mins, or whatever you think, then have a break.try and make a schedule, and stick to it.so give yourself a so many days for each assignment.hope it helps!!!
  • Options
    you will get it done, you have to.

i always think it's much easier once i've got going. you might not feel in the mood to work but then once you've started writing you might be ok.

about the adhd thing, if you find it hard concentrating for long periods of time, take regular breaks. :)