Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Summer hols

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
My summer holiday is about 3 months long, and I wondered what other students are doing? As a first year, I don't have much of a chance of getting a work placement in a company, and would prefer to work, save money, then go on a week holiday in the sun. Has anyone got any tips on getting a summer job?!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    As it's only going to be temporary, an agency will probably be a good bet. Pop into a local one and they should be able to sort you out with something clerical for around £6 per hour+. A lot of shops and bars also lose staff over the summer as they employ students who aren't around during the summer break, while they're away and you're at home it's a good time to capitalise, so you could get something just by asking and looking around.
  • Options
    rubbish job, but some have good pay. a factory job?

i'm in the same shoes as you, not quite sure what to do!
  • Options
    Try taking a look at www.hotrecruit.co.uk, you might find something of interest on there and they do have a lot of temporary stuff.
  • Options
    iv had various summer jobs, in factories and bars. there not that difficult to find
  • Options
    Draugen wrote:
    As it's only going to be temporary, an agency will probably be a good bet. Pop into a local one and they should be able to sort you out with something clerical for around £6 per hour+. A lot of shops and bars also lose staff over the summer as they employ students who aren't around during the summer break, while they're away and you're at home it's a good time to capitalise, so you could get something just by asking and looking around.

depending on what part of the country you live in of course. relates to rates of pay