Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blue Screen

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Jazza wrote:

When i first read that i thought of the blue screen of death but then thats when you crash not at startup.. isnt it ? Maybe its the same thing. 'cause i used to get the blue screen of death and it never told me the problem just had lots of code on the screen which is useless to us non engineer types :p .... I'm sure one of the more computer savvy guys will be able to help you out more..
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Does it say what program has crashed, any file name or anything recognizable at all?
  • Options
    Could be anything. Have a look in the event viewer (Start-run-eventvwr) to see if there are any errors.
  • Options
    I just log on and a few icons appear on desktop then it switches to blue screen telling me to check BOIS and stuff. No programs to check or anything.

It took me 5 attempts just now before my PC would start normally :/
  • Options
    I ran event viewer and it says Source: ESENT

I click properties and this comes up: wuauclt (1544) The database engine (load of numbers) started
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    I ran event viewer and it says Source: ESENT

I click properties and this comes up: wuauclt (1544) The database engine (load of numbers) started

That's most likely just information. Check both the application and system log for lines that have big red circles with Xs in them.
  • Options
    system errors is all it says.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Hm, is there somewhere you could save all the files you want to keep? Like, a different drive/partition or a CD. You may have to format and reinstall windows.
  • Options
    Made any major hardware/software changes recently?
  • Options
    Zalbor: I'd rather not.

Doofay: I haven't, no. I thought the problem was Shareaza as it happened every once in a while with that. I uninstalled it a while ago and the blue screen thing has happened continuously afterwards. I did have some sort of SP2 fix for Shareaza that i installed but I presumed it would have been uninstalled too.
  • Options
    It's saying check your BIOS so that is where I would look first are you getting any strange bleeps on startup you don't normally get?

Also check out for things such as built in virus protection? Standby modes on things?

You haven't flashed your BIOS recently have you?
  • Options
    How many programs open when your computer first logs into windows? It's always better to have a minimal amount of start-up programs and then open them yourself...