Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

why do i bleed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, My names's hannah and im 14 and from the U.K.

I have a problem is was hoping some of you might be able to help me shed some light on. Im pretty sure that my hymen is not broken, but when my boyfriend fingers me i bleed. I know its not my period, so does anyone have any ideas?

thanks, hannah

Comments

• Options
    Maybe he is being too rough?

Go to a doc, get it checked out.
  • Options
    He could be being just a little too rough or maybe he hasn't trimmed his fingernails enough (they can scratch you causing you to bleed a little)
  • Options
    does it happen if you finger yourself or masterbate? if so, then go to the doctors, if not it's him probably being to rough, but you could go to the docs just incase.
  • Options
    could he maybe have just broken your hymen? if he is fingering you its a possibility?
  • Options
    well, i dont bleed when I finger myself or masterbate. Is it possible my hymen broke?
  • Options
    What sort of bleeding is it? Bright red bleeding might suggest the hymen has been torn, or your vaginal walls have been scratched by your partners fingernails, so I think it's important for you to get a check up, just in case an infection settles. Your local advice finder would be a good place to start.

If the bleeding is a very dark red instead of bright red, then it might be an indicator that the bleeding is coming from your cervix and/or uterus, which isn't normal, so I'd get that checked out ASAP if that's the case.

NHS Direct might also be of good use.

:)
  • Options
    the blood is like a brightish sorta colour, it's not really very dark.
  • Options
    Iain's gf wrote:
    the blood is like a brightish sorta colour, it's not really very dark.

Sounds like he's done your hymen in! You could follow the usual advice, and go to a doctor, but here if you say 'i've got an itch' they say go to the doctor. If it's not uncomfortable, then I don't see why you don't just get on with things, and see if it stops in time. Things like this can clear up after time after you settle in to the motion (btw, has he started fingering you relatively recently?).

Get him to trim his nails though, thats an easy job. If you're worried go and see a doctor but having said that I think it might be jumping the gun.

But, it's your health, so it's up to you.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Sounds like he's done your hymen in! You could follow the usual advice, and go to a doctor, but here if you say 'i've got an itch' they say go to the doctor. If it's not uncomfortable, then I don't see why you don't just get on with things, and see if it stops in time. Things like this can clear up after time after you settle in to the motion (btw, has he started fingering you relatively recently?).

Hmmmm, helpful stuff there ShyBoy.

Hannah, going to your local doctor (GP) might be a really good idea, but if you'd rather not then you can speak to a nurse on the fpa helpline in complete confidence on 0845 310 1334.

CB
  • Options
    hey, thanks for your help btw. Im too shy to go see a doctor. Hm..i think it was about a month ago when he started fingering me and his nails aren't actually long at all
  • Options
    If you're too shy to go to the doctor try one of these over the phone:

NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Web: www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk
    Tel: 0845 46 47

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023
    www.brook.org.uk

:)