Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Im a shy queer please help :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
o.k i signed up to this site cause there seems to be experienced relationship or flirtious ppl here so ill shooot my question

ive kinda been eyin this girl at my high school like a couple o months, and ive studied her body language, and its the direct eye contact brushing hair smile with the palms face up. And we intentionally try to bump into each other at least twice a day... at least i am. And i kinda got the basic idea and gut instinct that there is attraction between us but.... as a shy unexpierenced 15 year old as I am who never got into any thing more serious than classroom flirting... I CANT APPROACH HER... it sounds pathetic... its not like im afraid of getting rejected because she signaled me interest beofre i fell into her. ionno its just me... i cant doo it... not used to approaching ppl.. and dont think im that creepy... obsessive loser just dreaming... plz dont get me as dat... i find it easy to attract girls... but i keep high standards.... but im sure the experts on these forums can help cure this monkey i have on my back.

Comments

• Options
    hay this sounds like me and this guy... ok so we r like "together" at parties than at skool its like he bars me... is this why? is he too shy... cos i no i am... and it frustrates me bcos i think he doesnt liek me, so just do it and the girl will b so much happier :D we r the same age so i think this is kinda tha same situation :S
  • Options
    hey there!
    unfortunatly there is no way around this one, except to muster up a little couage and try to talk to her. :eek:
    you are shy because you are not "used to approaching ppl." so perhaps, reading this article on TheSite, it might help you a little bit:-
    http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/familyandfriends/friendships/shyness
    she has obvioualy noticed you from what you said in your post;- so start with something small - just to try to talk to her.
    you have "studied her body language" and she is at the same school as you - so, do you know what interests she has??? - you could try to start up a conversation based on that?!
    take it slowley... see if she is willing to chat to you... once the conversation has progressed a little, you can introduce yourself... and the better the conversation gets... you could may be suggest meeting or lunch one day or something similar. just be yourself - thats the most important thing!
    and voila!
    but remember, you can't do anything unless you try... and that means being open enough to give it a shot and just try it out. :)

also, you say in the title to this post that you are a "shy queer" - is part of the problem that: you feel scared of approaching her because she might reject your sexuality? :confused:
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    but remember, you can't do anything unless you try... and that means being open enough to give it a shot and just try it out. :)

Yeah, better to regret things you've done than things you haven't.

Talking to people you like doesn't get any easier. I still get the :nervous: whenever I try and talk to someone and I'm 20 - don't worry about it, chill out, and if you think she's interested in you, go for it - she could be just as shy and hoping you'll make the first move :)
  • Options
    Uhm are you a woman?
  • Options
    thx!

well ill try to suck it up and approach... even though im not used to making the first move...

o yea about the the first reply.. about the guy baring you up at school but hangs out with you at parties and stuff... well when i am at a party n stuf... everyone is like doing their own thing.. so ur never the center of attention... but while at school.. everyone walks around... like students... so i guess or at least thats how i mostly feel.. you suddenly feel like everyone is watching you... so i think hes nervous about it... but dont mistake it... guys love to talk to girls in public especially if he can show you off... i mean like HES dying for you to go up to him at school.... but he doesnt wannna seem desparate