Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Larger breasts after sex?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This may sound like a stupid question, but I'd just like a few things cleared up. I recently began having sexual activity about three weeks ago, and I began to notice about a week or so after losing my virginity that my breasts are larger. Even my boyfriend noticed this, although he seemed pleased about this fact. I've heard that symptoms of pregnancy don't begin to show for a while, and certainly not within a week, but now my period is four days late, so I'm getting a little worried.

Am I just being silly and worrying over nothing, or is there a chance that this larger breast thing means anything? I'm 18, by the way, so I suppose that it could be just a further developing body, but... it seems kind of odd to me that it shows up after having sex.

Well, even if this sounds like a stupid question, I'd love some answers. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Are you on the pill? The pill can make your boobs grow.
  • Options
    yeah my boobs got bigger on the pill but also i got pregant when i was 19 and i had signs straight away-i went from a B cup to a D cup within the first few weeks. they also hurt a lot and i was v emotional. if i were u i'd get a pregnancy test asap, wether youre on the pill or not. remember the pill isnt 100% effecticve.... certainly isnt when you take it different times of day...u may be sick etc and not remember making the pill less effective. i dont mean to try and worry you but if your periods late its better to know sooner than later.

If I were you Ladymoon, I wouldn't take a pregnancy test. The pill (if you're on it!) can muck up your periods too... what I would do is go and see the doc... its confidential, your Mum & Dad won't find out unless you tell them... and have a chat to him/her. If they think you should take a pregnancy test, then they'll do it for you there. Don't waste your money on a test, find out you're not pregnant, but then still not have a clue why these things are happening.

If you're NOT on the pill already, get on it. In the meantime, make him wear a condom.
  • Options
    No, I'm not on the pill. I did go to get the patch, but we couldn't finish the exam, so the doctor wouldn't give it to me. So that's not what's messing everything up. If my period doesn't come by tomorrow, then I'm going to the doctor. Thanks for all of the advice, everyone.
  • Options
    When I lost my virginity - my period was over a fortnight late. As I've read somewhere, when you first have sex, it can mess up your cycle as your body and bits down there find something new happening to them.

I also had a good few months lull in my sexual activities (sex, 'playing' etc...) and in coming into a relationship and getting back into it again, I've found my breasts have also enlarged and stayed like it. Also I've noticed (whereas this didn't happen before) my breasts are bigger almost 2 weeks before my period is due, due to water retention apparently...I have read up on it before because I had similar concerns...promise! And have a nosey in some of the fact sheets - lots of interesting and potenionally relevant stuff in there.

Go to the doctors to settle your concerns, but don't get hung up on the idea of potentionally being pregnant. If you've practiced safe sex you should be fine and it's just your body changing in response to sex!

Malt xxx :D
  • Options
    I'd say take an at home test, they're cheap, and usually pretty accurate.

As far as the pill is concerned, its not 100% safe, but a girl I dated in school took it all sorts of times of the day and I know we had sex at least 6-7 times a week, and she never ended up pregnant, so it worked fine for us!