Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how do you find your relationships develop?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been seeing this girl for four weeks now. I've never been in a long term relationship (six weeks my record! :rolleyes: ) and am interested to know what kind of things you think are important as a relationship progresses. Obviously sex is one big issue, we haven't gone to that stage yet, but lots of people prefer to wait, I'm not worried about rushing into that. So what kind of things? I'm asking cos things are going well so far, which tbh is pretty unusual for me. We see each other a few times a week, do the usual things like going to films, gigs, or just hanging out at each others' places. But I'm kind of thinking that at some point it may develop into something a bit more - but I don't really know what I mean by that cos I've never been in the situation before (and like I said, I don't just mean sex).

I've been guilty in the past of fancying someone too much before going out with them, being a bit idealistic, expecting too much and that being the reason why it didn't work out. In this case, I started seeing her cos I quite liked her, but not too much if you know what I mean, ie. I wasn't setting myself up to knocked down too easily. I like her a lot, but it's not like I'm head over heels blindly madly in love. It's cool right now cos it's relaxed and not rushed, not too serious too soon, which is probably good for me. But things are going quite well, so just wanted to find out how other people have found their relationships have developed. Dunno what I expect anyone to say really, just curious because it's a bit new for me and not sure really what I should expect...

I guess a part of the reason I'm asking is that I know she's had two seriousish relationships in the past. She knows that I've never had a long term relationship, and she was surprised when I told her (after she asked). I'm can't imagine she minds particularly, but it's a bit odd just because she's a few years younger than me (I'm 23, she's 20), but more experienced at relationships. It doesn't bother me that she's been out with other people, of course, but I am quite aware of the fact that she may have some ideas of what she wants from a relationship cos she's been there before, whereas I basically dunno what I'm doing...! So while I'm not too stressed about it, cos things are basically good, I'd like hear what you've got to say. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just go with what feels right and don't stress at all. Take it as a learning experience and just use this time well because it's the best time - getting to know each other mentally, physically etc.

I love that, it's all electricity. Build up. Fantastic.