Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Muscle Spasm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The muscles in my calf has been bothering me. I notice it ever since I hurt my leg last year through over doing it in training. Like when it is cold, I get really uncomfortable spasms in my leg that can be a bit sore.

Though I'm unsure if it was related to my injury last year as I find I'm getting it in both legs. Just the leg I hurt last year seems to be worse.

I was actually in bed the other night when I was getting the spasms again. If I moved it stopped, but when I stayed still it started again. Was quite annoying as I couldn't get back to sleep till it stopped.

Also, I'll mention that I do sit in lazy positons. Like having my leg curled back as I sit on it. Would this be in any relation to the spams in my leg?!

ETA: Pain is getting worse at night when it is cold. As the tops of me legs are hurting now :(

Comments

• Options
    erm, have no idea what might be causing it, but i would saythat you should go to the doctor and get it checked out :yes:

better to be told you've been sitting awkwardly than to not go and it be something more serious :)
  • Options
    Hmmm. Not sure what to suggest other than go and see your GP or a phyiso and what they can do?
  • Options
    Don't know if it's in relatio to my spasms but I also find that after a hard night at work were I'm on me feet all day, my knees would be agony were it hurts soo much that I have to just sit and they would burn up as well. Always fine the next day though.
  • Options
    maybe a touch of arthritis or something? go see your gp :yes:
  • Options
    I do have arthritis in my family. But how is that into any relation to the muscle spasms :-/