Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Systems offline

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
I may have mentioned this before, I'm not sure.
Sometimes, usually when I stand up and stretch abruptly, it's sort of as if my brain goes offline for a few seconds: My vision gets from blurry to nonexistent, I feel a strange thing like paralysation (I don't fall down, and I'm pretty sure I could move if I wanted to, but I never try) and it seems like I forget some things, which come back to me one by one. Once that's over, my head feels a bit like burning but otherwise I feel fine, and a strange feeling as if I was created just that moment.
During the time this happened, I tried to speak once. And although what I said seemed to sound OK to me at the time I was saying it, what I actually heard were random "letters", and when it finished I couldn't remember what I tried to say.
I've had this for at least 8 years, and sometimes it only lasts what seems to be a second, and once some years back it lasted at least 10.

I mentioned it to the pathologist that my dad trusts more than anything once (though briefly, not as many details), and he said it was nothing to worry about...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    also known as a head rush?

get up more slowly. your blood pressure goes haywire if you get up too quick.
  • Options
    or postural hypotension.

Nothing to worry about. But you should avoid getting up too quickly lest you faint. You can get your blood pressure checked at your GPs when you next visit.
  • Options
    ^ What she said. It's a blood pressure thing...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Ah ok good. That's what I thought, but the things about forgetting things and not being able to move made me worry... Sorry for making a big deal out of it. :blush:

Thing is, a few years back I did get my blood pressure checked -twice. The first time it was too high, but I was quite angry at the time so my doctor said I had to test again. And the second time when I was OK, the pressure was normal...