Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cola & sick

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically I was sick @ 5am this morning & then once again about an hour ago:yuck: It wasn't a pleasent experience & all most reduced me to tears due to me having no control over my bodies actions:no: :crying:

When I was young & sick my mummy gave me some Cola to settle my stomach. I was just wondering if there is anything behind this cola & making you feel better after you've been sick :chin: I don't want to be drinking cola & then bringing it back up again:(

If cola does something does it matter if it's diet sugar-free or normal cola?

Thanks for any replies:)

Comments

• Options
    http://www.baar.com/colasyrp.htm

cola syrup is readily available in some parts of the world to soothe stomach upsets.

warm, flat coke has a similar effect.
  • Options
    I've got some soda stream cola stuff which has a really thick consitancy. Any good you reckon?
  • Options
    possibly, if you dilute it. i wouldn't just drink the concentrate, that'll most likely make you sick again. dilute it the normal amount, but with still water, and sip slowly, don't gulp.

and because both throwing up and coke dehydrate you, make sure you drink enough plain water too.
  • Options
    It would be impossible to drink the concentrate neat even without a sicky tummy :yuck:

Right i've put a bit of warmish water in a glass & added the concentrate & given it a stir:)

I'm slowly sipping it off of the spoon now:yes:

I'll report back later to see if i'm feel better:)

A little pic of my creation;)
  • Options
    good luck! :p
  • Options
    perhaps you ate too much haribo. :p

hope you're feeling better soon!
  • Options
    Tonic water is meant to be good for a sore tum tum.
  • Options
    Tonic water is meant to be good for a sore tum tum.
    Yeah as is fizzy water. When I had food posioning in Turkey the guy came and told me to drink it.
  • Options
    My mum always said it's best to drink still water. Apparently it hits off the vomit in your stomach and brings everything up in one go. Much better than lots of sprints to the toilet bowl. :thumb:
  • Options
    I remember when I was at school, if you went to the nurse saying you felt sick, she'd give you a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apparently if you are feeling queasy and think you're going to be sick, then lemon juice makes you chuck almost immediately. If the lemon juice stays down, then you're fine.
  • Options
    I've always heard that slightly flat lemonade is good for settling stomachs not sure how much truth is behind it though, or where the logic comes from.
  • Options
    perhaps you ate too much haribo. :p

Nah I ate them a few days ago :yum:

I'm alot better now :) & I don't have a sicky feeling any longer. I just have a hungry stomach after emptying its contents now :hyper:
  • Options
    I find milk helps when I feel sick.