Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

"New era of open government"

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The FIA is great but I suspect access will be limited so the government cannot be embarrassed in any way.

In the last 3 months of 2004 (just before the FIA became law) Whitehall reported unprecedented number of documents being destroyed. I wonder what they have to hide... :chin:

Still, it is a good thing to have and a lot of interesting stuff has been unearthed in the US over the years...
  • Options
    In leicester (possibly nation wide?) we have a 6-month trial where everything is free :D because normally there's an administration cost, postage cost, etc etc

I haven't used it yet, though I'm a bit tempted to ask the local authorities to disclose all the information they have on me (though it does say, no personal information? :confused:)
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    The FIA is great but I suspect access will be limited so the government cannot be embarrassed in any way.

In the last 3 months of 2004 (just before the FIA became law) Whitehall reported unprecedented number of documents being destroyed. I wonder what they have to hide... :chin:

Still, it is a good thing to have and a lot of interesting stuff has been unearthed in the US over the years...

reminds me of yes minsiter