Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

regarding universities

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
it seems that the rich andelite are further consolidating their power, with the increase in globalisation of higher education, it means poorer countries arent setting up decent universities of their own, thus leaving most of hteir population in squallor, whilst the international rich kids are increasingly being sent to top universities in europe and USA, reducing opportunities for that nations regular people....

i agree students should contribute to their education but in many cases of countries which have large fees, that only rich family kids and super intelligent not so rich students can go to the best universities, not all degrees do land up in high paying jobs either, and never have ie scientific research, how the hell would i for example want to go into research when i could be in £45000 debt as i would be if i paid the full cost of my degree myself

Comments

• Options
    I heard that both Indian and Chinese Universities are progressing fast up the world league table of Universities.
  • Options
    I heard that both Indian and Chinese Universities are progressing fast up the world league table of Universities.

i was trying to find information on this
  • Options
    It is a considerable problem in many developing countries that they concentrate on universities etc rather than the lower levels of education which have the most benefit.

It would be good if developing countires spent less money on universities and concentrated on achieveing universal primary education.........
  • Options
    i was trying to find information on this

World league table of universities