Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Prom Outfit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My prom is in June so i thought I'd better get a bit of a move on with the suit and shoes.

I don't need much help with the shoes though if anyone would like to give their opinion then be my guest.

The problem is the outfit. Some people are saying kilt and others a tux, but I'd prefer to wear a suit. I was thinking of black jacket and trousers and a blue shirt and whatever matching tie. I heard some of the girls saying that they liked an all black suit and shirt. I just don't know what to go for. I didn't even have a clue what guys usually wore to proms anyway.

Comments

• Options
    Well was my prom last year.

I hired a well nice suit for £25 for 3 days, i had a dickie bow tie, trousers, well nice shirt, blaser thing...

I actually thought i looked well nice, everyone sed i looked nice, mainly coz i am tall and broad so it fitted well....

Make sure u dont turn up in a dirty citeron saxo :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    When we had our Christmas social (which was like our prom) most of the guys wore kilts. There was only a handful of seniors who didn't and god, they all looked well sexeh :p

However, a suit and tie can look good too imo. Wear a nice, black suit. Any shirt or tie would go with that so the rest is up to you. Black is such a versatile colour that it goes with everything.
  • Options
    i just weared a tux, black with a black waistcoat but you can get other colours, odn't worry, there's likely to be someone who's wearing the same as you unless you trn up in a pink tux or something, there's usually an even mixture,i've seen some people in kilts, doesn't really look desirable imo.
  • Options
    Chuck the blue shirt idea.
  • Options
    Suit, with tie... Yummm.
  • Options
    Make sure u dont turn up in a dirty citeron saxo :)

I'm going in a limo ;)
  • Options
    Scrap the blue shirt. You're going to a prom here, not a 9 - 5 job :razz:

Although a black suit with black shirt and tie really work, you'll need to hit the sunbeds quite a few times to properly pull it off. Also, depending on the person, you might look a bit too much like a Cockney gangster.

If you're gonna go for that though, make sure you've a few days stubble :thumb:

Don't go for the kilt idea. Hired kilts just don't look right, and having them specially measured, cut etc. costs far too much for that one occassion. Also, you need to have a really fit body (especially legs) to pull them off properly.

Oh and for the love of God, whatever you do do not wear a tux under any circumstances. Even if you have nothing else to wear, don't do it.
  • Options
    Black trousers with just a blue shirt and tie is going to look really juvenile. Wear a suit. At my prom abuot 60% wore kilts and about half of them looked crap. Only wear a kilt if you can pull it off. A couple of my mates wore dinner jackets and they looked excellent.
  • Options
    there seems to be a lot of scots here!