Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

paranoid head

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone im new here.I moved into a house with my boyfriend at the start of december and since it i have not been able to sleep with hearing noises which i imagine are of people trying to break into my new home.Im so sick with worry at night which makes me lose so much sleep.In the past week it has gotten worse as there were a few break-ins nearby.Its got to the point now i cant even stay in my own house at night i have to stay at my mothers.what should i do?its getting in the way of our relationship abit too now.We are having a baby in 3months i wanna be happy in my new house not scared to live in it.

Comments

• Options
    Hiya

If you're really scared about living in the area, then you really need to make arrangments to move out.

The anxiety feelings cant be good for you and your baby. I think you need to speak to your boyfriend and try and organise something.

I personally wouldn't stay somewhere I dont feel comfortable and can't sleep/chill in. It will sure drive me nuts.

Take care :)
  • Options
    is it the first time uve lived away from ur mum?
  • Options
    It always takes a while to settle into a new house and get used to the new atmosphere. It sounds like you are going through lots of changes generally - moving in, having a baby etc, and this will all have an affect on your state of mind. Have you spoken to your boyfriend about how you are feeling and is there any way that you could feel more reassured by him? Sometimes just voicing your worries can help to ease them.
    You could also try some simple ways of relaxing before bed time. These articles will give you some tips:

Sleeping easy

Insomnia

You might also find this Mind booklet on how to stop worrying useful.

Overall, though, if these worries persist you really should go and chat to your GP who will be able to give you some more detailed advice.

Hope you're feeling better soon x