Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Post Question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Of the Royal mail variety :p

If I send a package Recorded Delivery today, what are the chances of it getting delivered by Saturday? It's within the UK so I guess it will get there but I'm not sure.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Quite good I'm thinking.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    If it goes first class recorded it should be there Friday.

If you want to be certain go for the next day guarantee option which is about £2.
  • Options
    Looks like i won't make it to the post office today so I might have to do the next day guarantee. How much does it cost to send recorded delivery anyway?
  • Options
    all recorded delivery does is sorta proves it got there

its the next day uber deliverything you want
  • Options
    why was your creative zen shitty?? I was thinking about getting one of them because the batteries are removable
  • Options
    To be honest if you posted something on Thursday recorded 1st class you should expect it to be there friday.

Depending on the size of your item it may be cheaper to send it sepcial delivery before 12 anyway.
  • Options
    Signed For (Recorded) deliveries cost about 70p on top of the postage. Sending it First Class should mean it gets to its destination the next day. But as BritJames says, you can guarantee it for 9am or 12noon I think with Special Delivery, but that is expensive.

Send it first class recorded tomorrow and it'll be there for Saturday.
  • Options
    Recorded delivery goes through the normal mail system, and is essentially just treated as First Class mail, except that a signature is required. And seeing some of the morons who were sorting the mail at work, I'd be worried by this.

Send it Special Delivery if it is very important.
  • Options
    not that alll of them get signed if they are amongst the 70,000 odd thousand bits of mail that some businesses get delivered everyday
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    not that alll of them get signed if they are amongst the 70,000 odd thousand bits of mail that some businesses get delivered everyday
    They're supposed to.

But they never do.