Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

interview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
managed to get myself an interview at Glasgow Uni for the teaching course I'm interested in. bit scared to be honest: what will i wear? what will i say? what do they want to hear?!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    wear a smart suit to look professional, as long as its smart. the uni will want to hear that you are very enthusiastic about becoming a teacher that you are always keen to learn new skills, that kind of stuff. any questions they ask you, try to come up with an answer. you can always prepare for it, eg. making up questions for youself that you think they are going to ask and preparing answers for them.good luck!!
  • Options
    Ive got meeting with my admissions tutor at Leeds, but ive already gotten unconditional acceptance, but I suposse its sort of like an interview and i dont know whether to dress up like an interview, or down like a smart lunch date kinda thing. any ideas?
  • Options
    smart lunch date. wear some heels but not jeans ;)
  • Options
    depends what course it's for.

if it's someting like teaching/business/management then go smart.

otherwise i'd just go however you feel comfy. i went to all my uni interview in baggy jeans and hoodies, and i got in everywhere i wanted (including Leeds). for most courses they don't give a chuff what you look like.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    smart lunch date. wear some heels but not jeans ;)

When is your interview? I had an interview for Prim Ed 4 years ago and I have another one on the 18th.

If you go along smart it will create a good first impression, quite often they ask you to do either a written test or verbal presentation and they will ask about the curriculum. what you know and that sort of stuff as well as ask about your experiences with children in classes.

PM me if you wanna chat about it or have any questions you want me to (try) and answer :)
  • Options
    Have a look at this Interview guide for a few quick tips.

Also check out the TES student teachers forum at http://www.tes.co.uk/staffroom/Student_teachers/