Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Babalis pro

My mum got me these for christmas cos she'd been round loads of different hair dressers asking for recomendations. Thing is their shite. It took me an hour to do my hair when I tried them when with my old ones it takes about 20 mins.

They didnt even make my hair that straight, the damn things couldnt even de frizz my fringe which seems strange to me.

The main problem with them i think is that they dnt get hot enough.

My mum says they were really expensive and now she dnt know what to do cause I dnt know any good straighteners.

Can someone rcomend me some good ones please.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    KODO's :yes:
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    hairart.

same as GHD but half the price. :thumb:
  • Options
    These are quite good if you don't really want to spend loads of money.
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    REMINGTON'S WET2STRAIGHT BAYBEEEEH.

Ignore yucky face.

Obsoive lovely straight hair!

ETA - http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=2501&productId=111880&Trail=C%24cip%3D17009.Personal%2Bcare%3EC%24cip%3D17013.Hair%2Bcare%3EC%24cip%3D17018.Straighteners&categoryId=17018&clickfrom=name

Down in price at Argos, my Mam paid £63.10 for them, and now they're under £60.00!

seconded!
  • Options
    Get the Wet2Straight ones, i got some for xmas and there fab! Not tried them on wet hair yet but there really good on dry hair!
  • Options
    Originally posted by **barbie**
    Get the Wet2Straight ones, i got some for xmas and there fab! Not tried them on wet hair yet but there really good on dry hair!

try them they are even more fab on wet hair!

all id say is if you get wet2straights spend an extra tenner on some decent heat protection oil ghd's is the best
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    try them they are even more fab on wet hair!

Too right, I was a bit of a tit though when I first used them. I was so excited I got them, that I didn't read the instructions and I burnt my hand with the steam. :(

Had lovely hair, though. :razz:
  • Options
    Too right, I was a bit of a tit though when I first used them. I was so excited I got them, that I didn't read the instructions and I burnt my hand with the steam. :(

Had lovely hair, though. :razz:

LMAO. You spaz. :p

I am forthing these wet2straight ones. :D

Are they really better when you use them on wet hair?!?!?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Basic Instinct
    LMAO. You spaz. :p

I am forthing these wet2straight ones. :D

Are they really better when you use them on wet hair?!?!?!

Honestly, you run them over about 4 times over your section of hair, and WOWEE..try lovely locks.

Since you don't blowdry it either, you don't get that mad fuzzy straightened look. It's just utter gloss.
  • Options
    Honestly, you run them over about 4 times over your section of hair, and WOWEE..try lovely locks.

Since you don't blowdry it either, you don't get that mad fuzzy straightened look. It's just utter gloss.

Cool cool. Gutted they're down to like £60 though. :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by Basic Instinct
    Cool cool. Gutted they're down to like £60 though. :|

I know, bastard sales. :|
  • Options
    thats ok becky my sister burnt her hand on them toooo and the side of her face :d

there the first straighteners ive found that keep my hair straight for days too it doesnt get greasy as fast and i have to tie it up all day at work even after that its still perfectly straight
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    there the first straighteners ive found that keep my hair straight for days too it doesnt get greasy as fast and i have to tie it up all day at work even after that its still perfectly straight

Marvellous, aren't they! Le sigh. More reliable than a man, I tell thee.
  • Options
    Marvellous, aren't they! Le sigh. More reliable than a man, I tell thee.

give me good straighteners over a good man any day
  • Options
    Becky; your hair looks lovely in that photo!

What about the roots of your hair, do you straighten them aswell or leave them to dry naturally?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    Becky; your hair looks lovely in that photo!

What about the roots of your hair, do you straighten them aswell or leave them to dry naturally?

Well, I have the thick Wet2Straight, and they didn't get my roots 100% dry. But, they were about 70% dry. They dry quickly anyways, so I'm not complaining :D
  • Options
    Becky, your av!!! :heart:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Becky, your av!!! :heart:

Cool, huh? :p
  • Options
    Ok then its decided that i'll be getting the wet2straight ones. Just need to sell my new ones on ebay first.
  • Options
    I fifth, sixth, seventh, whatever the Wet2Straight ones. FAB. And I have mother fucker curly hair that needs a good straightener. We're talking Shirley Temple hair here, people. And I'm suited and booted within half an hour from wet hair when using the W2S.

I'm so happy. Having curly hair since the start of November when my GHDs died (sniff:() was becoming the bane of my life.
  • Options
    i agree, the babyliss ones i had were utter shit took forever to heat up in the mornings and never stayed straight :mad:

you could see if you could get GHD's cheaper on ebay? mine are fantastic, just not too sure about this wet to straight deal :confused:
  • Options
    I've just ordered myself some T3 straighteners and for £100 i'm hoping that they are bloody amazing :p Has any one got/heard of these?

My boyfriends sister has GHD's and she hates them and regrets buying them, i think she had sax ones before and they were the best ones she ever had.

I also have some thermoglass ones they are allright but the plates are so small it takes ages to do anything.

My most faithfull pair of straightneners were some i got out of argos 2 years ago, and i have had two pairs of them. They were £80 mark hill/morphy richards ones (although i think they are £40 at boots now) and they were truely godly, all my friends seemed to think so anyway because they bought them aswell :p