Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

...about everything.

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
Last night I went to sleep, and once more I started thinking about stuff that made my heart sink with worry. This happens pretty much every night; the moment my head touches the pillow, it starts thinking like a machine on overdrive and this is what keeps me awake for hours.
So I thought, I always think about stuff that make me worry, maybe I should try to think about something relaxing in order to sleep. Then I realized that no such thing exists. There is absolutely nothing in my life that would make me relax. Every last thing I see or do during every day contains worries.
This site and real life? Worried about other people's problems and about things I see as wrong but almost no one else does. Gaming? Worried that I spend too much time doing that. Friends and "friends"? Worried that I might not be a good enough friend to them or that they may not even want to be friends to me. Time? Worried that I let too much of it go. Changing something, anything? Worried that if I tried I'd make myself worse rather than better.
The list could go on forever... I'm not really sure why I wrote all that, but I felt I had to because it's something that makes me worry (argh). Sorry.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds like your a born worrier......welcome to the world, cos Im exactly the same.

Not much help i know, but i didnt really know what to say :(
  • Options
    Re: ...about everything.

I read once that to you sleep well, you should have no worries...

You have to start thinking on that stuff when you are pretty awake... write about it... (it helps here)
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Were you born on a wednesday by any chance? Wednesdays child is full of woe - I should know...

What about the ones that born in tuesdays? :confused:me!
    Originally posted by J
    guess the thing that helps me forget my worries is just acting like a fool, just being stupid and making fun out of myself - It makes me giggle like some kind of imp or pixie.

I just forget about stuff :x I'm too forgetfull (I don't know how they write it, sorry), but it's not on purpose, so I guess this is not realy a big help :x
  • Options
    i have similar problems and have done all my life.
    i worry about the world and its people ...all the shit and death and disaster and hunger ...i never worry about me and my life.
    it's always the big stuff i have no control over but ...i find prayer helps.
  • Options
    Originally posted by not_an_angel
    You have to start thinking on that stuff when you are pretty awake... write about it...
    Thing is, I do think about it when awake as well... I'll try writing.
    Originally posted by J
    I guess the thing that helps me forget my worries is just acting like a fool, just being stupid and making fun out of myself - It makes me giggle like some kind of imp or pixie.
    Actually I do that too sometimes, if I think I might make someone laugh. But it doesn't help any with the worries.
    And I was born on a Monday.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i have similar problems and have done all my life.
    i worry about the world and its people ...all the shit and death and disaster and hunger ...i never worry about me and my life.
    it's always the big stuff i have no control over but ...i find prayer helps.
    Hm, sorry to be a disappointment but that's not similar...
    I do worry about myself as well as others, and I don't usually worry about non-specific things. For example, if you tell me "millions of people out there are starving to death" it will make me sad, but not like I have described. But if you tell me about a specific person who starves, or if I meet that person, so I will first-hand know even some of their thoughts, then I will be worried.
  • Options
    Same with me.

3 hours sleep last night I got. There is no other kind of frustration than the frustration I get when I can't get some fucking shuteye. ;[
  • Options
    Originally posted by not_an_angel
    What about the ones that born in tuesdays? :confused:me!

tuesdays child is full of grace