Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So today I got caught by the speed camera...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
.....doing 37mph in a 30mph zone.

And to be honest I'd be less pissed off if I was actually choosing to speed, as it turned out I was in the west end of Edinburgh on a road I'd never driven on before and genuinely thought I was on a 40mph stretch until *flash**flash*

So thats going to be three points on my nice clean license and a hefty fine. Bugger. :(

Comments

• Options
    Sorry but if I was driving on a road I didn't know I would be driving at 30mph.

As a rule of thumb all roads in built-up areas (ie have street lamps) are 30mph unless stated by roadside signs. Did you see any signs saying 40mph?

Grin and bare it I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames

Did anyone see todays reports that women and men have different types of crashes.
    Women tend to have minor accidents in carparks, at traffic lights and roundabouts - where as men tend to be the ones who ram their cars into walls or end up with the roof of their car on the floor.

I didn't but i have heard that for a while now, men have high speed accidents normally.
  • Options
    Unless there are reminder signs its 30mph. But such is life.

I live on a main road that's 30mph, and I wish they'd put a camera up outside my house because of all the twats who do 40mph+.

Women have more crashes because they lack the spatial awareness to park, men have more expensive crashes because they drive further and on faster roads. For the record, the only drivers worse than blonde women are elderly.