Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

This guy won't stop calling me!!! Please help me!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'll get straight to the point so don't bitch at me :(

me and this guy went out on a date and it didnt work out. I declined when he asked me out for a second date. I didn't do anything(sexually) with him. He tried to get a kiss at the end of the date but I turned my head so he kissed my cheek instead.

We lost touch and randomly I get a voice message from him saying "You fucking bitch! maybe you should answer your fucking phone. call me the fuck back!" :eek2: I hadnt talked to him for a month or so because I was busy with my friends and work.

I called him back and he said "you never called me." I told him how I was busy with other things and that I had a nice time on the date but I don't want to take it any further because I wasn't interested in him.

Well, he didn't get the point and kept calling, leaving voice messages (and saying call me back!!) and text messages that said I was a bitch. After I stopped replying to his messages, that's when he got psycho. He started calling me a bitch and getting all hostile because I told him I wasnt interested.

This all happened about 5 months ago. I took his number out of my phone and he still calls. I don't know what to do. I try to be all adult about it and tell him straight forward that I dont want to talk anymore and that I'm not interested. Now his friends are calling me and saying "Hey whore! I had a great time last night!" :eek2:

The next time he called I told him to stop contacting because I'm not comfortable talking to him anymore. He called me a bitch and hung up. He still texts me randomly at 4am and I'm losing my patience. What can I do? I deleted the nasty text messages from him and he lives in another state(wyoming), so I don't know if theres anything I can do? The last thing he said to me was "I'm not breaking the law by calling you."

I can't block his number and his text messages are really getting to me. Should I just ignore the asshole or do more? I don't know if there is more I can do. (like law-wise) :confused:

Comments

• Options
    why can't you block his number??

legally.. he's not really doing anything wrong...

and i think if you retaliate it'll make things worse.. so the best thing is to just ignore it and wait it out??

he has to get bored of it sooner or later...
  • Options
    I have T-Mobile and my phone is retarded Nokia 3650 and I can't find an option that will block his number :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    I have T-Mobile and my phone is retarded Nokia 3650 and I can't find an option that will block his number :(

OMG! I HAVE T-MOBILE TOO!! I COULD CALL YOU FOR FREE!!!! :razz:

i don't think any phone has that option.. you ahve to call customer service i think and tell them the number you want blocked?

not sure but try it..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Reese_86
    OMG! I HAVE T-MOBILE TOO!! I COULD CALL YOU FOR FREE!!!! :razz:

i don't think any phone has that option.. you ahve to call the company i think and tell them the number you want blocked?

not sure but try it..

:hyper: OMG OMG OMG!!! I can like totally like call you for free!! yay! ;):p (t-mobile sucks...I've had the hugest phone bills :crying: I'm gonna switch to Verizon soon)

you ahve to call the company i think and tell them the number you want blocked?

I'm gonna call tomorrow and I'll see what happens.
    *crosses fingers that it will work* Thanks, Girlie. :p
  • Options
    :hyper: OMG OMG OMG!!! I can like totally like call you for free!! yay! ;):p (t-mobile sucks...I've had the hugest phone bills :crying: I'm gonna switch to Verizon soon)

I'm gonna call tomorrow and I'll see what happens.
    *crosses fingers that it will work* Thanks, Girlie. :p

loll!! dude.. i'm switching to verizon too b/c i get terrible service with t-mobile.. i mean i have an awesome plan.. free mobile-mobile, nights, weekends, text messaging, 600 anytime for 40 bucks a month...
    but service sucks.. my phone is laways cutting out..

call now.. customer service works 24 hrs. all you gotta do is dial 611 :p
  • Options
    loll!! dude.. i'm switching to verizon too b/c i get terrible service with t-mobile.. i mean i have an awesome plan.. free mobile-mobile, nights, weekends, text messaging, 600 anytime for 40 bucks a month...
    but service sucks.. my phone is laways cutting out..

call now.. customer service works 24 hrs. all you gotta do is dial 611 :p

That's the exact same plan I had until I kept going over in my anytime. (and a shit load of long distance charges to the UK :blush: )

*goes off to call them* Thanks...
  • Options
    So I called them and this lady who spoke horrible Enlglish told me that I can block the number from texting me but I can't block him from calling..... :(

oh well....etleast its one less way he cant get in contact with me.
  • Options
    So I called them and this lady who spoke horrible Enlglish told me that I can block the number from texting me but I can't block him from calling..... :(

oh well....etleast its one less way he cant get in contact with me.
    [/QUOTE

urm.. call again.. and talk to someone else..

loll

there HAS to be a way to block it.. i know people who do that all the time..

i'll call too if you want..
  • Options
    And you can change your number anytime...

or tell a male friend to answer it :D

imagine how fun... he is waiting for YOU to answer...
    amd then he heards a male voice xD if you do that... PLZ tel us what the guy said... :D

look

once it happened the same to me... the only difference is that I have a bf now... and then too, when the other guy called... he knew, but he didn't stop...

I stop answer... then was my birthday... I had a new mobile phone with a different number, of course.. my mom had the old one... and he called to her... soooo funny :D never called again...

good luck...
  • Options
    legally.. he's not really doing anything wrong...
    WRONG! Stalking is a criminal offence in the UK, and I suspect it is in the USA as well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    WRONG! Stalking is a criminal offence in the UK, and I suspect it is in the USA as well.

I thought it was, but i wasn't quite sure... if stargalaxy says it... call the cops right away... :)
  • Options
    It's TOTALLY harrasment and stalking thingy, unblock the texts, and show them to yon cops. Then police can do sommat.
  • Options
    keep a record of the texts and show them to the cops its harrassment.

Sounds to me like if its been going on 5 month or more then its not just gunna stop, sorry :(

Can you change your number. I k now it would be hassle letting all your mates know but at least it would get him outta your life.

Dont let the bestard grind you down

edit - I've just spoken to my bloke who used to work for a phone company. He says you can contact them and ask to be put through to the nusience calls beureau. (who are seperate from all the phone companies). They have the power to change your number to cut him off or to press charges depending on the seriousness. He also says dont feel bad that this s getting you down it would get anyone down. He also says note everything down, times and dates of calls, content of text messages and the more evidence you can collect the better.

Good luck
    Phoenix
  • Options
    Have you thought about using the Ask TheSite section? They might be able to help too. Hope you get it sorted x
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Get a bloke to answer pretending to be a policeman.

I'd probably start laughing or my Mam would shout "YOUR DINNERS READY!" in the background.

Take it to the cops. Chances are they might phone him up and have a quiet word in his ear.
  • Options
    Can't you just get a new sim card or something?! Never had a contract, but isn't there a way you could get new mobile number?!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    What about... getting someone else to answer, and pretend that this is his/her new phone with this number, implying that you've changed yours?

ETC: I mean (s)he should say something like "Sorry, who are you? I just got this cellphone, and it's quite surprising someone would call me before I gave the number to anyone, do I know you?" etc
  • Options
    i had the same problem..i had to get my manager at work to answer my fone and tell him to piss off...

...when i called the fone company they said they would change my number for free but they couldnt block a number...

...hope your ok...its scary having a wierdo calling and txting constantly:(
  • Options
    yep, i've got some weirdo doing exactly the same to me right now, not being nasty though just annoying. if he calls me again i'm just gonna tell him to sod off and it might just do the trick. he was on holiday here and he got my number amd email address from a friend and then started telling me that he loved me.....and he'd only met me 3 days before......weird men....
  • Options
    Michelle I'm not a psycho!! haha j./k - i am.

Anyway - what this guy is doing amounts to harrassment/nuisance, you can report it to the cops.

First I would report it to YOUR mobile phone company, give them his number, they can block calls and txts and they can also take it to his company which might get things sorted.

Try it k.

Let me know.
    Long time no talk :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast
    Michelle I'm not a psycho!! haha j./k - i am.

You're still A psycho but not THE psycho that calls me. I hated that last pathetic call you made to me :( grrrrrrr.....

Long time no talk

When you are on msn, you never talk. :( Asshole. :p

I'm gonna give my phone company another call because the lady that I talked to last night was dodgy.... :yes:

Thanks for all the replies!!! :)
  • Options
    Re: This guy won't stop calling me!!! Please help me!!
    I'll get straight to the point so don't bitch at me :(

me and this guy went out on a date and it didnt work out. I declined when he asked me out for a second date. I didn't do anything(sexually) with him. He tried to get a kiss at the end of the date but I turned my head so he kissed my cheek instead.

We lost touch and randomly I get a voice message from him saying "You fucking bitch! maybe you should answer your fucking phone. call me the fuck back!" :eek2: I hadnt talked to him for a month or so because I was busy with my friends and work.

I called him back and he said "you never called me." I told him how I was busy with other things and that I had a nice time on the date but I don't want to take it any further because I wasn't interested in him.

Well, he didn't get the point and kept calling, leaving voice messages (and saying call me back!!) and text messages that said I was a bitch. After I stopped replying to his messages, that's when he got psycho. He started calling me a bitch and getting all hostile because I told him I wasnt interested.

This all happened about 5 months ago. I took his number out of my phone and he still calls. I don't know what to do. I try to be all adult about it and tell him straight forward that I dont want to talk anymore and that I'm not interested. Now his friends are calling me and saying "Hey whore! I had a great time last night!" :eek2:

The next time he called I told him to stop contacting because I'm not comfortable talking to him anymore. He called me a bitch and hung up. He still texts me randomly at 4am and I'm losing my patience. What can I do? I deleted the nasty text messages from him and he lives in another state(wyoming), so I don't know if theres anything I can do? The last thing he said to me was "I'm not breaking the law by calling you."

I can't block his number and his text messages are really getting to me. Should I just ignore the asshole or do more? I don't know if there is more I can do. (like law-wise) :confused:

go to the police station and tell them what has gone on, and they will tell you that now they have had notice of a complaint, you should log as much detail as you can about future calls or voicemails or messages, and then go backto them and they will block the number and investigate
  • Options
    Re: Re: This guy won't stop calling me!!! Please help me!!
    Originally posted by MrG
    go to the police station and tell them what has gone on, and they will tell you that now they have had notice of a complaint, you should log as much detail as you can about future calls or voicemails or messages, and then go backto them and they will block the number and investigate

Pretty much word for word what I would say. I used to work for O2 and generally work with mobile phones anyway. I know a site you can text him from but change the number it comes from, so change it to a random one saying it's a boyfriend or his phone comany threatening to take legal action against him for breaking T&C's.
  • Options
    First off, *you* do not have to change your number, so none of that getting a different sim card nonsense.

best advice has been the nuisance calls unit and the police, depending on how severe it is. It's harrasment and it's illegal.

Start keeping a record of when he calls and texts and don't delete any more of them as they could be evidence.
  • Options
    but if he carrys on with his abuse and it gets taken further you could land yourself in deep trouble for doing that
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    :yes: My mum was once receiving many nasty texts and calls. She told the police and they gave that particular person a warning and they never sent anything again.

mobile companies never usually block straight off, they will tell you to go to the police first and follow proceedure as i said

if they dont then anyone could ring up pretending to be the owner of the mobile