Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is The World As We Know Ending?

Who here can tell me there feelings on the world today ending?

I have heard reports that the world will end in 2006.

I myself believe we have outlived our time here and that we are going to end through Global Warning and Polution.

I have been reading through diffrent sites over the past few days looking into this more and more. It has been quite freaky I must say. These sites do say that they've made serveral predictions as to when the world will end and admit they've been wrong. For exsample they said

"1997-APR-10: Dan Millar, of Surrey, BC, Canada and Bob Wadsworth of the Biblical Astronomy newsletter are both religious researchers. They followed the age-old tradition of looking for signs in the heavens for the arrival of the Antichrist, second coming of Christ, etc. Ancient prophecies told of heavenly events and even a cross in the sky in advance of momentous developments. Millar and Wadsworth predicted the arrival of the Antichrist on APR-10. Dan suggested that we watch news from the Vatican and from Jerusalem on that day, because he expected some sort of coup by the Antichrist. He was expected to come to power in the Vatican as Pope Peter II. "

AND

"Sometime in late 1997 or early 1998: The 1997-JUL-29 issue of the Weekly World News carried a statement by a spokesperson of the International Association of Psychics. 92% of their 120,000 members have had the same "end time" vision. Spokesperson Madame Vredeau predicted: A rise in religious belief. Prophets and saints will appear and lead the faithful to safety
The oceans will shrink. Deserts expand. Crops will fail; there will be massive starvation
Widespread emotional and mental collapse; increase in crime and violence
Changing weather patterns; basic laws of nature will be disrupted
Satanic demons will appear in broad daylight. War, pestilence, a worldwide plague will spread.
Humanity will disappear around the year 2001 CE.

If almost all psychics believed that, then one can conclude that their predictions are generally quite unreliable."

I'd just like your views on this topic as it interests me? :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    a load of old bollocks
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    a load of old bollocks

I endorse this statement.
  • Options
    a load of old bollocks

Maybe. But you really didn't have to post that. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    You asked for views on the topic. I gave you my view.
  • Options
    Re: Is The World As We Know Ending?
    Originally posted by *MadinthenuT*

I'd just like your views on this topic as it interests me? :)

As it interests me... If it doesn't interest you don't post to it saying "what a load of bollocks" :rolleyes: Geez.
  • Options
    You asked for views on the topic. I gave you my view. You didn't ask for views that only agree with yours. If thats what you want then don't bother posting on a bulletin board.
  • Options
    You asked for views on the topic. I gave you my view. You didn't ask for views that only agree with yours. If thats what you want then don't bother posting on a bulletin board.

*Yawns* You finished.
  • Options
    The only thing that will happen in 2006 is Blair and New Labour will finally be up against the wall for destroying Britain.
  • Options
    if you look hard enough you can find references for the world ending every year, its called bollox

these stories makes me think of peanuts, and what do these kinda stories and peanuts have in common? they both a pile of nuts
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The world is more likely to end in 2012 than 2006. That's when the last sun, and the last age, end according to Mayans or Aztecs, I forget. But as far as I know, it could happen before I even finish this po
  • Options
    revelation2ha.jpg
  • Options

POT-KETTLE-BLACK
  • Options
    Originally posted by nckdn
    POT-KETTLE-BLACK

Racist!
  • Options
    Originally posted by nckdn
    POT-KETTLE-BLACK

stfu
  • Options
    Ah, what a lovely example of a 'debate'. "bollocks"

Anyway, my opinion on the matter is that someone is always trying to predict the end of the world, and whilst the world is getting worse and worse, we are still here. When is the 'end'? When the world blows up? Or when civilization crumbles and only the strong survive, fending for themselves?
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    The only thing that will happen in 2006 is Blair and New Labour will finally be up against the wall for destroying Britain.
    Surely 2005, if at all? That's when the election is almost certain to take place.

Anyways, we have been predicting the end of the world since the beginning of time... we should have died off many many times by now according to various 'prophets' and other loonies. It is indeed a load of bollocks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    It is indeed a load of bollocks.
    I wholeheartedly endorse this opinion.
  • Options
    When something like this happens then yes, we are heading towards hell in a handbasket;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4117383.stm
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    When something like this happens then yes, we are heading towards hell in a handbasket; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4117383.stm
    Little bastards. :mad:
  • Options
    I dont believe in it anymore, in fact a funny story for you all, my mate and myself though the worl was going to end in 1999 and we refused to do all our homework because of these stupid stories! :D

How immature!
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Ah, what a lovely example of a 'debate'. "bollocks"

Come on. Quotes from the Biblical Astronomy newsletter and the International Association of Psychics? Are these worthy of debate?
  • Options
    it could be worse, we could be sat around in a room watching the tweenies while drinking hot milk and demanding the return of knightmare
  • Options
    a load of old bollocks

As tactful and indepth as usual :p
  • Options
    Come on. Quotes from the Biblical Astronomy newsletter and the International Association of Psychics? Are these worthy of debate?

As worthy of debate as any other political opinion... Belief in psychics is no more outragious than a belief in a god, or the afterlife or aliens.

Changes in the world and the end of the world have been predicted for generations... Christian ideas involving revelations and the age of Aquarius... We have Nostradamus who, by using a type of scrying apparently predicted a few things including Diana's death and World War 2... That is depenending on how he's interpretted.
    When is the 'end'? When the world blows up? Or when civilization crumbles and only the strong survive, fending for themselves?

Depends dunnit... I know a guy (who's not thick either) who was talking about texts that say a tidal wave that's due to hit the West coast (I think it's the west) of America and screw up their economy... apparently a tidal wave likethat is due... will find a link for it if ya want.

The end of the world I've heard several people talk about. My friend thinks earth will become a sort of Hell and people will all lose their consciences and know no good....

Or maybe it's the end of society as we know it, the end of our world... maybe we'll go back to being spear chuckers.
  • Options
    a load of old bollocks

Quite.

Possibly this comment undelines the correct level of contempt for both the user and the thread...
  • Options
    my world has ended a few times but i've always managed to be reborn again.
  • Options
    The closest thing to the Antichrist we'll ever see is John Lydon.
  • Options
    The world won't "end" as such. There will always be human civilisation no matter what happens, the race will survive, and as long as I've got my bullet proof vest and good boots I'll be laughing all the way to the bomb shelter.

Must go and loot some shops.....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Quite.

Possibly this comment undelines the correct level of contempt for both the user and the thread...

I have no opinion on the thread starter. The subject is bollocks though.
  • Options
    Well come on, the subject isn't bollocks. The apocalypse is something we should all be worrying about.
    Why do you think I joined the police? Watch Threads and see who's on top in 15 years time MWUHAHAHAHA.

:D