Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Age Matters.... :c(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
First just wanted to say HELLO!!!!!!!!! to all of ya! Havent been round here miuch these last months.....

To start of I gotta tell those that don't know that I'm les, otherwise all of this is not going to make any sence. This is kinda a long story, so bear with me.
I met the most perfect woman in July. We met online, got on like a house on fire, decided to meet and became friends. In these holls I went overseas for 2 months (thats where am now). Before I left things between us got kinda steamy and we kind of wanna get together as a couple once I am back. Quite simple really.
My problem is that I am worried about our age difference. :( I am 18, she is 28. This seems like an terribly big gap to me .... I really like her, and everything is perfect, ok, but the age issue is just bothering me.

What do u guys think? Is age really not an issue? Any experiences?

I am just worried that we are on different levels, eventhough right now that is not noticable. But that might just be love that blinds? Hm.

Comments

• Options
    My sister is 19 and her girlfriend is 31! It seems to work for them.. they've been together for nearly 18 mths now.
  • Options
    Noticed that I kinda left something IMPORTANT out, OOPS!

She has a child, a little girl, 6 years old. Her daughter does not live with her, she stays with her father about 800 km away. SO this is a summary:

Me: 18
    Me (possible) gf: 28
    Her daughter: 6

Hm.

Thanx for all imput.

A.
  • Options
    age should never be a problem, a girl i like is 29 and im 19, but we get on realy well, so y ot, except she yours the world all the time and is ony here 2 days a year...but still.
  • Options
    im 17 and my other halfs 35, its working.

at the end of the day it isnt about the age more the way of life, maybe if you were in school and she was working id say careful cause your in different worlds but if your things are similar then theres no reason why anything cant or wont work!

everythings what you make it good luck!
  • Options
    Hm. Thanx for all your imput.

I noticed that noone commented on my question of what difference a child makes in this equasion... I am very unsure of how to handle that. Her daughter is 12 years younger than me, fine. Right now the daughter is living with her father, but at some stage in the near furure her daughter will come live with her, she will be in our lives and part of our lives.

Difficult.
  • Options
    Forget about the age issue in my opinion. What I would say is tread carefully with regards to the child. Ive seen before where couple get together, the other persons child gets attached and then the couple end it.......so if your not that serious about her or you dont think you are together forever kinda thing then dont let the child get hurt..thats all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Arasti

Difficult.

Yes it can be, but there again it isnt always difficult...that depends on the child and how they accept you.
  • Options
    Yea, I get exactly what u are getting at, Becky. It would be unfair on her daughter... AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH! I hate this. All so complicated.
  • Options
    just dont get introduced to the child untill you are sure things are going to work, that way the child wont even know you exist let alone get hurt