Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

siblings partners

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't like my sisters boyfriend, I don't hate him or anything I just don't get him. Anyways I was having a bit of a moan to one of our friends about him, and she told my sister. My sister is now really upset with me, I didn't tell her that I didn't like her boyfriend because its not as if I hate him so much that I don't want to be in the same room as him. I just think she can do better than him. I'm really angry about my friend betraying my trust and shes saying that she did what she thought was best, if it was best I would have told my sister in the first place. Now I'm worried that it will ruin christmas.

Anyways, do you get on with your siblings other half or not?

Comments

• Options
    I get on with my sis's fella, and my bro's fiance. I didnt get on with my bro's fiance at first, I knew her and she was abit of a bike, but she's calmed down and were like good mates. You ought to try and have a chat with your sis, and tell her why you dont get on with him. But just go easy on her, you wouldnt like it if your sis didnt like your fella.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear what's happened. It's not a nice situation to be in for both you and your sister. Hope you'll get it sorted out somehow to prevent it from affecting your Christmas celebrations.
    But you should also try to accept that your sister chose that bloke as her boyfriend. There's not much you can do so if they're happy together then you should try to look past the fact that you think she could do better.

As for the question, then at first I was feeling like being really territorial over my brother's new girlfriend. I was very close to him before he began dating her and felt that she both wasn't good enough for him and that she was taking his attention away from me. I never did or said anything though.
    I've now gotten over it as they get along great and after I've gotten to know her better she seems to be a really nice girl.

I've usually felt quite indifferent when it comes to my other brother's girlfriends as we're not as close. Never really spoke to any of them.
  • Options
    i get on much better with my brother's girlfriend than i do with my brother.
  • Options
    myself / younger brother / mum / dad all get on with my sister's boyfriend :)
  • Options
    I get on with my sister's bloke, though I think he's a bit immature and she could do better. And the fact he's eight years older did worry me at first, although mentally he's about eight hours older :rolleyes:

None of us (including her parents) liked GWST's brother's ex, though, because she was a stupid skinny blonde bint who deserved to be beaten. Everyone is delighted they split up.