Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My mum(rant)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i swear to god shes the stupidest unmaternal dickheaded person ever.
she wonders why i left home at 17 seriously she annoys me so fucking much.
She only ever rings me when shes drunk to moan even though i live 120miles away and now shes telling me shed rather go out with someone who lives round the corner than see me for my 18th birthday so now she can get done if she thinks im wasting christmas day or new year going to see her, id rather be in blackpool with people who care.
i just dont get why shes so stupid i mean i never knew it was possible for any parent not to have maternal instincts she never has she was more mothering to the beer.

this was just my little blah blah blah you know.

Do you get on with your mum?

Comments

• Options
    Yes very well.

Can you not talk to your mum face to face or better still, write her a letter to say how your feeling and how hurt she makes you feel sometimes? Don't hold a grudge. talk to her and sort things out, you never know what's round the corner.
  • Options
    I remember some of your posts before you managed to leave home rockerchick, she really does sound like a piece of work I must admit. Sometimes you just have to accept that things are never going to be what you want them to be and move on with your life I'm afraid. I spent years trying to gain my Dad's approval, now I couldn't care less (just like him) and he doesn't figure in my life at all.

My mum I get on with brilliantly.
  • Options
    me and my mum get on really well, we have stupid arguments but i think every mum and daughter do.

sorry about yours :(
  • Options
    I get on fairly well with my mum, have our ups and downs and sometimes it reaches a point where we just don't understand each other but discussion and arguments soon let that be known!!

Malt Munk xxx :D
  • Options
    I get on with my Mum, a lot better since I went to uni, we can't seem to be able to share a house for longer than a couple of days, but she's always there to talk to when I need her.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *milky way*
    I get on with my Mum, a lot better since I went to uni, we can't seem to be able to share a house for longer than a couple of days.

Exactly the same, but more that our relationship fell apart when I went to Uni and I know I can't depend on her or my father.
  • Options
    the trouble with children is ...they have parents.
    the parents may well not be quite what the child expected.
    if your parent is a drunk ...a materialist ...a socialite ...a fake ...theres not a lot you can do about it apart from ...you not turning out the same as them.
    we can choose our friends but not our family ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    the trouble with children is ...they have parents.
    the parents may well not be quite what the child expected.
    if your parent is a drunk ...a materialist ...a socialite ...a fake ...theres not a lot you can do about it apart from ...you not turning out the same as them.
    we can choose our friends but not our family ...

It is trie, and it is a problem too :\

I don't know your mum at all, but maybe she is just mad at you, cause you left home so early, she may think you don't like her...

In other case, she may be like my dad... (btw, how's your relationship with yours?) If she is like him... I would tell you to just ignore (I know it's hard) and just.. live your life...

Good luck, anyway...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Usually I pretend to get on with mine, but it's extremely rare that she'll say anything remotely serious that won't make me want to never see her again. But I can't leave home (not yet at least) so I have to bear it...
  • Options
    thankyou, i wasnt expecting much of a reply to try and catch up..i cant talk to her ive tried so many times shes tries guilt trips and everything she just sits and tells me abotu how bad her upbringing was and how she tries ect to make me feel sorry for her i cant do it anymore, shes always passing the blame if i express a problem she'll either play the guilt card or make it my fault.

I used to get on brilliantly with my dad but my older sister managed to turn him completely against me, ive been trying to contact him since before i left home with no success he didnt know i left until june and i went in february.

i tried as hard as i could but at 17 it isnt my duty to be the mature responsible one.
  • Options
    awww *hugs*

i dont get on with my mum at all, but me and my dad get on quite well but i cant talk to either of them about anything. i see all my friends talking to their mums about what boys they like etc and i cant imagine being like that with either of my parents. they gave my a good upbringing n that, i just dont get on with my mum at all. she drives me mad.

i hope everything gets better with your mum, and you get in contact with your dad. :)
  • Options
    hun sorry to hear she's being a bitch. Perhaps you should stay in blackpool for xmas just so she knows you are not a child anymore and will treat her like one if she treats you like one still. I dunno-want me to go tell her off! hehe

does your bro know about this? talk to your mates too-see how they view it too!

just read your other reply-blimey if she plays the "brought up badly" card alot-well wouldn't you think she wouldn't make life hard for her own knowing how she felt-gah!

Personally now i get on with mom-not during my teens tho-we did argue alot-still do at times. But it was nothing compared to the situations you've had.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    hun sorry to hear she's being a bitch. Perhaps you should stay in blackpool for xmas just so she knows you are not a child anymore and will treat her like one if she treats you like one still. I dunno-want me to go tell her off! hehe

does your bro know about this? talk to your mates too-see how they view it too!

just read your other reply-blimey if she plays the "brought up badly" card alot-well wouldn't you think she wouldn't make life hard for her own knowing how she felt-gah!

Personally now i get on with mom-not during my teens tho-we did argue alot-still do at times. But it was nothing compared to the situations you've had.

yea go round her house and beat her up! ive decided now im staying here for everything christmas new year my birthday the lot my brother feels the same he doesnt talk to my mum at all, since she got drunk and told him he was a bad father!i think one of the biggest problems here is i havnt really got any good mates yet so its abit hard.

My mum didnt have a bad upbringing at all she just likes to act that way because its all about her!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    me and my mum get on really well, we have stupid arguments but i think every mum and daughter do.

Thats like my mum and I. When her and my mum split, I hated her and some people are probably thinking 'you can never hate your mum' But seriously, I hated her so much. Then when I grew up and moved back things have been great. She has her little rants every now and again about housework not being done and stuff but she wouldnt be the same if she didnt.