Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anti-Social Behaviour Act...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
righto folks....

i have parties every so often, a few folk round, some music etc

its before we go into clubs etc - we leave mine about 11ish

my neighbours complain permanently about the noise, folk "hangning around" outside my front door because i dont let them smoke inside

they complain about music i play on my own at 12ish in my own flat. i work at 7am so i go to my bed at about 11, therefore it cant be me

but they blame it on me anyway because of my parties. They say this antisocial behaviour act means im not allowed to a: have any parties b: play music @ 12(which isnt even me!!)

fair enough they might hear it thru the walls, barely. But its not loud as such.

where do i stand on the whole party front?

Comments

• Options
    Always a wise tip to invite the neighbours to any party. Get 'em drunk then they lose credibility with the police.
  • Options
    Be a considerate neighbour.

Speak to them, let them know in advance when you're having a party, invite them...

Noisy neighbours are a pain in the bum.
  • Options
    they are a lot older than me - late 30s

they are not exactly a sociable bunch

they are a right bunch of Bah Humbuggers
  • Options
    We late thirtyish types can still party, we aren't dead yet! ;)
  • Options
    They are right, you are wrong.

They are justified, you are selfish.

Such is life.
  • Options
    ok then...they said someone came to my door at 3 am last night and knocked on my door asking if i was in.

how am i responsible for their actions?

i never actually heard them knock
  • Options
    That's going too far, and wouldn't class as anti-social behaviour. If they complain about who comes to yourd oor, invite them to fuck off and die plskthnx.

But if you play loud music and a court deems it to be anti-social, then you'll get your music and all the eqipment confiscated if you don't turn it down.

I have a lot of sympathy with people who have to listen to loud music from other people, I work nights and the faggots next door always ahve their music on loud during the day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dave_john
    they are a lot older than me - late 30s

they are not exactly a sociable bunch

they are a right bunch of Bah Humbuggers

Being in your late thirties isn't the same as being dead you know!

Some of us appreciate a decent piss up, we just don't get invited so much because more of our friends (and us!) are married with kids.

I don't have much sympathy with you I'm afraid, show some respect for their needs and they will show you more for yours. It's give and take and it sounds like you just wanted your fun and to hell with anyone who was affected. Shoe is on the other foot now.

Try to be a good neighbour and warn them once your ASBO is up and you want another party. As them along, they will probably decline anyway but at least you made the effort.

TBH if the Police have gone down the ASBO route, this cannot have been a one off, so accept that you may be to blame for the consequences and stop trying to pass the buck...