Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

constant fighting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

At the moment I seem to not be able to get pn with my Mum at all at the moment. She takes every little thing everyone says or does as a critism or something against her. On Thursday morning she got upset because she was late back to the car and dad got annoyed. On Friday she got upsewt and started crying because a sweater she got my dad didnt fit (she came in carrying lunch and was in floods of tears and shaking so hard she dropped stuff of the pate). She also laid into me cos I couldnt find a pair of scissors that worked and started jabbing the scissors at me and swearing that they bloody well did work. This was just before a job interview I had too so you think she could have had a bit of consideration for the fact I could have done with a calm atomosphere.

She is always saying things like she is fed up of living and she should just take an overdose. We are all esasperated with her yet whenever we suggest she should visit the doctors or maybe she needs a little help then she says we are trying to say that she is going mental.

I dont know what to do to make things better, I cant cope and I'm sick of walking on eggshells and it hurts to see her like this

:(

Comments

• Options
    My mothers been like this. She even hit me the other day because she was in such a bitchy mood. She's being rude, argumentative and critical - very hurtful and then all of a sudden she's in tears, can't cope with the situation saying she's so depressed and she wishes she could walk out and leave us all.

I'm figuring your mama's depressed or feeling incredibly down which is making her sensitive and extreme in her mood. The only suggestion is to go to a doc, I don't know how you could lighten the load a lil at home for her or maybe work is stressing her out a lil?

Malt Munk xxx
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    is your mum at around the age where she may be experiencing the menopause? If yes then it could be down to that you never know. I know the menopause can cause depression and stuff like that because hormones, or lack of, take over
  • Options
    My mums not going through the menapause (been there done that) but she does have a lot of health problems which are kind of like the menapause (like hot flushes).

I've tried to get her to go to the doctprs time and time again but to no avail. Its not fair really when I was really down and feeling suicidal my Mum and dad forced me into the car and to the doctors yet I can't do the same for her. Shes not working and I think that is part of the problem because her and my dad never do anything different its just the same old boring routine day in and day out.

Its so worrying and hurtful

My heart goes out to everyone in the same boat

Rainbow