Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

longest hangover ever?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I'm more than likely going to the doctors tomorrow, but thought I'd see if anyone here had any advice/experience.
I went to Poland at the weekend and got really drunk on the Saturday night. Sunday I woke up feeling like shit, thought it was a hangover so tried to eat breakfast as that always makes me feel better but I couldnt swallow a thing. About an hour later I started to feel REALLY sick and this lasted all day, along with a really sore stomach. Put it down to a killer hangover and went to bed early, had a fab nights sleep and woke up feeling worse with the worst stomach pain I think I've ever had. Drank an Alka Seltzer which helped a little, but continued to feel rough all day...didnt eat anything...couldnt. Anyway got home that night, went to bed, slept well again, woke up on Tuesday to go to my seminar and just literally couldnt stand up the pain was so bad. Went back to bed, woke up and it was a bit better, managed to eat some bread and just chilled out in front of the TV for the day. Today was just as bad; I thought the pains could be down to lack of food so ate some soup and bread and now it really hurts and my head feels funny...not dizzy as such, just strange. Will go to the docs tomorrow if not better, I just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this. I dont think it's a stomach bug as I havent been sick or had problems at the other end, it's just the pain that is bothering me. Surely I cant still be hungover?!

Comments

• Options
    Do you have any other symptoms? Are you being sick? feverish? headache? Are you going to the loo like your normaly would? If you feeling a bit spaced out then it could be the lack of food. Keep drinking lots of fluid like water.
  • Options
    Sounds a bit odd. I wouldn't have thought it would be the alcohol still - was it dodgy stuff?

Could it be "women's problems"?
  • Options
    Nope, it's just the stomach pain. And you're probably right about the lack of food.
  • Options
    You could of picked up a tummy bug. Did you drink the water from tap? I'm not sure what their water supply is like out there so you could of picked up a bug from the water or even food.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    Sounds a bit odd. I wouldn't have thought it would be the alcohol still - was it dodgy stuff?

Could it be "women's problems"?

Don't think so, everyone else drank the same. And I am on my period, but it's not period pain, it's in a different place...periods dont usually affect me much anyway.
  • Options
    Where exactly is the pain?

Make sure you drink juice type drinks, not just plain water. And try to eat something substantial.

And your bottom end is OK?
  • Options
    By the way, try and eat something, not anything that will bloat you out like pasta and try not to eat junk food. Take a warm bath, it may ease the pain a little. Also take some pain killers as well, maybe even put a hot water bottle on your stomache, see if that helps.

I sometimes get like cramp in my stomach if I drink alchopops.
  • Options
    I wouldn't have thought it would be the alcohol still - was it dodgy stuff?

all polish alcohol is dodgy stuff. it's about 3 times stronger than anything over here. ;)

i'd see a doctor, personally. doesn't sound good at all.
  • Options
    Could your drink potentially have been spiked?
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies Kentish and Felix :)

Kentish: the pain is in my actual stomach...like just under the bottom of my ribcage (i'm assuming that's where stomach is!) and nope, I have no poo problems!

Think I need to go to the doctors tomorrow...I'm baffled as to what this could be!

edited to add...thanks Kaff and Crispy too! You all post too fast!
    Crispy: I guess it could have been, but the fact that I wasnt sick and remember everything suggest to me that it wasnt? If it hasd been, would the doctor be able to tell?
  • Options
    Do you get heart burn? Was you drinking on an empty stomach by the way? Oh, and the pain there, does it feel you cannot really inhale that well, feels as if something is in the way?
  • Options
    Originally posted by PinkFeatherBoa
    Kentish: the pain is in my actual stomach...like just under the bottom of my ribcage (i'm assuming that's where stomach is!) and nope, I have no poo problems!
    Were you actually sick or were you just feeling sick? You could well have just irritated the stomach lining or pulled muscles in the abdominal wall whilst wretching...

The lack of "poo problems" would probably rule out a bug I'd say.

But yes I suppose a trip to the doctors is in order.

Let us know what they say...Get well soon :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Do you get heart burn? Was you drinking on an empty stomach by the way? Oh, and the pain there, does it feel you cannot really inhale that well, feels as if something is in the way?

No, no and no. :) What was that leading to by the way?
  • Options
    Were you actually sick or were you just feeling sick? You could well have just irritated the stomach lining or pulled muscles in the abdominal wall whilst wretching...

Let us know what they say...Get well soon :)

I was just feeling sick...I dont like being sick at all....:(
    And thanks, will update tomorrow :)
  • Options
    It can happen if your stomach get's burned by stomach acid, can feel ver horrible.
  • Options
    My ex boyfriend suffered with symptoms like yours. He had acute alcohol poisoning and when he finally went to the docs he was told that if he'd been taken to A&E at the time they would have pumped his stomach as he'd had so much to drink (on top of quite a lot of lager he drank a whole bottle of Tequila). He couldn't eat properly for a month and it put him off drinking for about three months.

Of course, it was his own fault, and we laugh about it now, but it could have been very serious indeed. I really really hope that you get it sorted at the doctors and that it isn't anything too bad. Good luck for tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Hey, I went to the doctors and he said I have an inflamed stomach lining...probably due to a combination of the vodka and the fact that my Citalopram (AD) dose has been doubled recently as apparently that can irritate the stomach. Got some antacid medicine so hopefully will feel better soon. Thanks for all your replies last night :)
  • Options
    Hope you feel better soon then
  • Options
    You could have eaten something funny and got food poisoning but put the blame on the drink because that's the last thing that you drunk?
  • Options
    ok ignore that last post
  • Options
    Originally posted by PinkFeatherBoa
    Hey, I went to the doctors and he said I have an inflamed stomach lining...probably due to a combination of the vodka and the fact that my Citalopram (AD) dose has been doubled recently as apparently that can irritate the stomach. Got some antacid medicine so hopefully will feel better soon. Thanks for all your replies last night :)
    Citalopram gives me hangovers from so little alcohol that it hardly seems worth drinking for the suffering afterwards. One drink makes me feel rough for about 24 hours, 2 drinks for 48 hours. Never exceed two for fear of what might happen.