Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dubai

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm off to Dubai next week! Anyone been who can give me any tips & advice, or good places to visit?

Ta x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Im a regular visiter to Dubai.

Hard Rock Cafe
    Spice Island (in renasiance(sp) hotel)
    Irish Village - These are the best two restaurants to check out. Spice Island is amazing there is everything you could every image eating just make sure you book before you go.

Wild Wadi is a must, its a water park right next to the Bur'j Al Arab. Go to Karama Market this is where you can get souveniers/copied items. If you go to Karama find a shop called Linda (opposite a shop called blue marina i think) he sells genuine at very cheap price.

Deira city centre is the city centre - big mall with loads of shops, in the summer CD's were well cheap (got marroon 5's special album for a fiver from Virgin). Wafi City is a very exculsive mall with very expensive shops e.g. louis vitton, versace etc. Wafi is also next to Plant Hollywood, i dont reeally like it but they do wicked ice creams. Vist Mercarto Mall its not got the most shops in it but you need to go just to look at it. It looks like a palace from Aladin its an amazing building.

Drinking age is 21 so dont even attempt if you dont look 21 or cant take drink because if you are seen by the police they have very strict rules and could end up in trouble. At the moment it is ramadam so it will be very busy in the malls at night time also if out in public try not to eat (its ok pool side but not a mall).

Where in Dubai are you staying? How long are you going for? f you want to know anything else or want to ask a question pm me and ill tell you what you need to know.

Have a good time
  • Options
    My cousin is going there for Xmas, he's asked me what I want fromt here .. so what's good to get from there?